Dream cabin input... 1432 and 1447

APDMOM

These cabins on Carnival Dream are listed as obstructed view, but are more expensive than regular oceanview.

Has anyone stayed in these? Does anyone know what is special about them to make them more expensive? Again, looking at cabins 1432 and 1447.

Thanks!

I can provide an answer to the first part of your question. It's an obstructed view because of what lives outside of the ship at that cabin...

dreamobstructedview.jpg

That thing hanging down on the side of the ship is a trolley used for cleaning the windows. It parks right at cabin 1432 on the port side and 1447 on the starboard.

The same situation holds true for the Conquest Class ships.

Why such cabins would be priced higher I don't have a clue.

:)

Edited by Host Mach

I can provide an answer to the first part of your question. It's an obstructed view because of what lives outside of the ship at that cabin...

dreamobstructedview.jpg

That thing hanging down on the side of the ship is a trolley used for cleaning the windows. It parks right at cabin 1432 on the port side and 1447 on the starboard.

:)

Thank you, Host Mach. This picture tells me I do not want to book that one. Maybe they consider it creates the illusion of a balcony and is therefore worth an extra $2.90 per person per day...:D:D:D

• 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi I am leaving for a cruise this sunday on carnival dream. I will be staying in stateroom 1447.

It wasn't until now that I am hearing about the obstructed view. I called to change being that I want to be able to see full ocean view from window, but unfortunately the cruise is booked now.

This is my first time in an OV room so I don't want to have a partial view or a boat in the view.

Has anyone stayed in this room that can tell me if it is worth the hassle to keep calling about a room becoming available or if the window obstruction isn't anything bad?

@victoria6506, see the picture in the comment 2 above yours. You will see what is in front of your window.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So this is just the gondola? Should I move rooms or is it just slight obstruction? Possibly I can see ocean just a rail in the way?

Is it a deluxe ocean view obstructed view with 2 bathrooms? That may be why it is more expensive than a regular ocean view.

Yes obstructed DOV with two bathrooms.

They told me to switch from 1447 to another OV it would be $70 more. I'm not understanding that, I've already paid well over a thousand to stay in an obstructed view DOV.

• 1 month later...
Hi I am leaving for a cruise this sunday on carnival dream. I will be staying in stateroom 1447.

It wasn't until now that I am hearing about the obstructed view. I called to change being that I want to be able to see full ocean view from window, but unfortunately the cruise is booked now.

This is my first time in an OV room so I don't want to have a partial view or a boat in the view.

Has anyone stayed in this room that can tell me if it is worth the hassle to keep calling about a room becoming available or if the window obstruction isn't anything bad?

Did you end up staying in this cabin? If so how was it? I was looking at booking a deluxe ocean view and this is the only one left for my date!