Distance between ports and towns

What is the distance between the port in Cork to downtown?

Between port in Dublin and downtown?

Also Belfast, Glasgow, Invergordon and Edinburgh

Trying to figure out how much to get in euros and pounds for cab fares and small misc. charges.

Thanks Lynn

I can answer a few of these for you:

- Glasgow: The port is Greenock and from this point to Glasgow is 22 miles.

- Invergordon: It's about a 45 minute ride from this port to Inverness.

- Edinburgh: The port is Newhaven. If you take the #16 bus from Pier Place (Newhaven Port) to Princes Street (Royal Mile), it's about 3 miles and the bus runs about every 10 -15 minutes.

Trying to figure out how much to get in euros and pounds for cab fares and small misc. charges.

Thanks Lynn

The port in Dublin is 2-3 miles from downtown, but not walkable due to the industrial nature of the port. Most cruise lines have shuttles to the city (usually drop you off near Trinity College) for a nominal fee.

As for Cork, I don't remember exactly how far to downtown. We took a great private tour to Blarney Castle and Kinsale.

I'm sorry but this isn't quite accurate cruisePAC

I can answer a few of these for you:

- Invergordon: It's about a 45 minute ride from this port to Inverness.

Invergordon is a small town with the port situated in the middle of it and with a few shops, cafes etc. It's only a short walk to the local railway station or the bus stop to take you further afield such as to Inverness which is a larger city. The length of time it takes depends on whether you get on a local bus, express bus or the train but can be anything up to 1 hr 10 minutes on the local bus.

- Edinburgh: The port is Newhaven. If you take the #16 bus from Pier Place (Newhaven Port) to Princes Street (Royal Mile), it's about 3 miles and the bus runs about every 10 -15 minutes.

There are actually 4 cruise ports for Edinburgh - Rosyth, Queensferry, Newhaven and Leith and of them all I think Newhaven is used least. To get this answered you need to check your itinerary then post back here

Thanks Lynn

In Cork you should berth in COBH right next to the train station, the train is at 30 minutes past the hour and takes about 25 minutes and is about 6 or 7 euros single. There is also another berth nearby called Ringaskiddy but I know nothing of this berth so cannot help if you are at this one, you will have to check where you going to be.

As for Cork... Ships dock at Cobh (pronounced "Cove"), a separate town altogether, some miles from Cork. Take the train into Cork from Cobh--the Cobh railway station is right next to the dock. Cobh is a lovely town itself, well situated along and above Cobh harbor; it is well worth exploring (see St Colman's cathedral). Known as Queenstown from 1849 to 1920, it was a major point of departure for Irish emigrants to the United States, and was the last stop of RMS Titantic.

You can walk from the Dublin docks to the city centre... I know, cos I've done it... But I wouldn't do it again. ;)

Thank you all very much for your help. In some of the ports we'll take Princess tours, but in others we'll probably just get off the ship since we've been to some of these cities on land tours. We're both "up in age" and my husband uses a cane so we have to be careful with walking.Lynn

Thank you all very much for your help. In some of the ports we'll take Princess tours, but in others we'll probably just get off the ship since we've been to some of these cities on land tours. We're both "up in age" and my husband uses a cane so we have to be careful with walking.Lynn

The HoHo bus is a great option for Dublin.

Edinburgh is quite hilly city, with cobbled streets and lanes in the Old Town and although it's fairly compact and walkable it might not be so easy for your husband.

• 10 months later...
As for Cork... Ships dock at Cobh (pronounced "Cove"), a separate town altogether, some miles from Cork. Take the train into Cork from Cobh--the Cobh railway station is right next to the dock. Cobh is a lovely town itself, well situated along and above Cobh harbor; it is well worth exploring (see St Colman's cathedral). Known as Queenstown from 1849 to 1920, it was a major point of departure for Irish emigrants to the United States, and was the last stop of RMS Titantic.

You can walk from the Dublin docks to the city centre... I know, cos I've done it... But I wouldn't do it again. ;)

How long did it take you? Was it easy to know which way to go?