Drinks on the Dawn to Bermuda

glm7777

I am trying to decide if the UBP is worth it for me as one of my free promos ( although I would be spending the $199 fee) I would probably have only one alcoholic drink per day (the drink of the day) but would easily have one or two non alcoholic frozen drinks per day. Plus soda with every meal and maybe one or two between meals . Can anyone tell me approximately how much a soda is and how much a non alcoholic frozen drink might be? Thank you for your help 😊Also, is that $199 in lieu of tipping the bartender with each drink?

I am trying to decide if the UBP is worth it for me as one of my free promos ( although I would be spending the $199 fee) I would probably have only one alcoholic drink per day (the drink of the day) but would easily have one or two non alcoholic frozen drinks per day. Plus soda with every meal and maybe one or two between meals . Can anyone tell me approximately how much a soda is and how much a non alcoholic frozen drink might be? Thank you for your help 😊Also, is that $199 in lieu of tipping the bartender with each drink?

As far as I know, the fee would be $124.60, not $199. You are paying the gratuity on the beverage package, which is 20% of $89 per day, times seven days. Perhaps you are including both the beverage package and dining package gratuities to come up with $199? And yes, that would be in lieu of tipping the bartender with each drink.

Fountain Soda (rarely, or never, cans) are about $2.95 per glass, plus the 20% = about $3.50 each! Virgin Frozen drinks, I believe, are about $5.00 or so, plus the 20%. So, the bottom line is this... IF you are going to consume approximately $18.00 dollars worth per day, every day, of soda, mixed drinks, and/or virgin drinks (they DO add-up quickly!), then YES, the UBP is worthwhile for most people!!! For DH and I it is worthwhile because he will drink more drinks per day, most days, than I do, but our combined total would be at least 6 drinks daily, which is the threshold we have found to be the deal maker!

As for your $199.00, did you book your cruise about a year ago? The reason I ask is to clarify for others that $199.08 does equal the previous UBP price at $79.00 per person, per day at the previous 18%... $79 x 18% x 14 (7 days x 2 people). IF you have THAT pricing, I sure would keep it, because almost everything has increased since that pricing!