secret tips?!

monkll

Lets see how many we can get?

If everyone will share 1 great tip about Disney cruising that would be awesome~~

Mine,

Go on the aqua duck on embarkation day OR port days to avoid lines!!

Bring small water bottles and store them in the frig bc water is SO expensive on the ship

Lets see how many we can get?

If everyone will share 1 great tip about Disney cruising that would be awesome~~

Mine,

Go on the aqua duck on embarkation day OR port days to avoid lines!!

Bring small water bottles and store them in the frig bc water is SO expensive on the ship

WOW!

I would have thought the Aqua Dunk would a queue around the deck on embarkation day!

Cheers for the tip!

My tip is:

Do your best to be kind and respectful of everyone else, thoughtful of others needs before your own, acknowledge good service with a genuine thank you, and remember even if you are having the most amazing day, that person you may bump into might not be, so smile and share a joke with them :)

You might just cheer them up!

ex techie

Last year my family did our first Disney Cruise. In the terminal (waiting to get on the ship), Disney had a table to sign up kids for Oceaner Club/Lab, and then the kids got their bracelets. The line was LONG, and we thought our son needed to do this before boarding. Oh we were so wrong. Luckily, we skipped the long line (since it was time for us to board) and registered him at the kids club a few hours later with no lines.

Watch one of the movies under the big screen while swimming in the pool during the opposite dinner time that you have. We do this and have the pool all to ourselves and also the Aquaduck. (tip, a lot of kids eat first seating, so get late seating if your kids can stay up for it and take advantage of this slow time at the pool with your family during the first dining rotation) Do it on a night where you don't care if you miss the show, or sometimes they offer the show during the day another time during your week.

Not secrets, but I enjoy the quick serve restaurants for snacks. They have good and quick food. The wraps and chicken fingers are very good.

I also like the self serve ice cream station on the other side of the quick serve food area.

Definitely enjoy PALO or REMY if you can.

soccer

Not really a "secret tip" but bring lots of door magnets!! Many Disney cruisers decorate their doors this way and it makes the hallways very festive!

Bring a plastic card the size of a credit card. You can use it to keep the lights on when you need to take your room card out of the electrical activator (I'm not sure what that thing is called).

Not really a "secret tip" but bring lots of door magnets!! Many Disney cruisers decorate their doors this way and it makes the hallways very festive!

Bring a plastic card the size of a credit card. You can use it to keep the lights on when you need to take your room card out of the electrical activator (I'm not sure what that thing is called).

If on the Magic get very strong not ethic paper as now all the doors have been painted they do not stick so well.

Someone mentioned bring your own bottled water; because the water on the ship is too expensive. I am used to paying $3.00 for a bottle of water; so is the water on the ship more than that?

Rainforest - although they say you can purchase a one day pass on board, which I used to do, you can't always. (only 3 & 5 day were available on a couple of our cruises and even if you bought one, it was much more expensive per day than pre-cruise cost) So, log into your DCL account, go to Gifts (Not activities) and look for the on day Rainforest pass. Its $16 per day (18.88 with tips) You do pay for it when you buy it but it is so worth the advanced planning.

Adult dining - make reservations before you cruise. If you can't, don't worry, as soon as open booking on the ship is ready, go there immediately and book (we even wait to eat lunch just to make sure we get our times)

Cove Cafe (mentioned in another one of my posts) - if you frequent here, get a card for buy 5 get the 6th free. Reusable on other cruises, I keep mine from cruise to cruise.

Don't buy or bring bottled water. The water tastes fine.

The Cove Cafe on the Wonder has desserts downstairs and appetizer type snacks upstairs. It was usually deserted upstairs on our Caribbean cruise.

When I was on the Magic a couple of weeks ago Cove cafe offerings changed through the day.

It started with breakfast offerings, ie pastries, then in the morning light sandwiches, early afternoon, cakes, and evening cakes and cheese. All in a fridge to the right of the counter as you go in from midship.

Don't buy or bring bottled water. The water tastes fine.

The Cove Cafe on the Wonder has desserts downstairs and appetizer type snacks upstairs. It was usually deserted upstairs on our Caribbean cruise.

Are the Cove Cafe goodies included? or do you pay extra for them? :confused:

Someone mentioned bring your own bottled water; because the water on the ship is too expensive. I am used to paying $3.00 for a bottle of water; so is the water on the ship more than that?

You can buy a 6 pack of Evian on board for $9. I like bottled water for excursions or keeping with us in a bag while we're doing stuff around the ship.

Are the Cove Cafe goodies included? or do you pay extra for them? :confused:

Cove cafe food items are included. Specialty drinks from the Cafe are additional charge.