Comparison of Snorkel Catamarans - Amber Cove

blondie59

Please help me decide between the (1)All Inclusive Snorkel and Beach by Sailing Catamaran vs (2) Deluxe Catamaran Sail & Snorkel. I have already read the reviews and tried the compare option on the Carnival excursions page. This is for myself, 63 year old woman and my 30 year old daughter.

Usually I would pick the smaller group(2), but looking at the larger catamaran (1), it appears to have the nets for sunning for my daughter and a substantial shade shelter for me. Does the smaller catamaran(2) not have these?

Is there a big difference in the two snorkel spots that each boat goes to?

Thank you for any help in deciding!!

• 2 months later...

So we did choose the All Inclusive Snorkel & Beach based on the pictures on Carnival. Great choice, we took an air-conditioned bus to Sousa Beach and spent about 45 minutes there. I do wish we had gotten a fresh pineapple drink while there, they looked delicious.

We were tendered out to the catamaran and a short ride to 3 Rocks snorkeling spot for about an hour of snorkeling. Lots of fish with great variety. Many of the snorkelers tended to stay close to the guide, which was a little too crowded for me, but we were able to stay far enough away while still being watched over by the staff on a small boat. You did have to pay attention to the current but not bad.

Afterwards we had a light lunch with beer, rum punch & sodas. Then music and some dancing on the way back, which was a little rough. There was definitely some queasiness in a good percentage of the passengers.

The staff was very informative and interactive with the group, and I would recommend this trip. Having the nets for laying out for my daughter and comfortable seats in the shade for me made it an enjoyable day.

Relatively shallow, we were floating well above the coral, but you could easily dive down to it if you wanted. That day, the water had some sand floating in it, but it was also windy and rough outside the bay where we snorkeled.