What time for port arrival?

kareika

Hi all,

Looking for advice on what time to schedule our arrival at Port Canaveral, I am sure there are times more ideal than others but I don't know what those would be.

We are taking private transport and can arrive anytime.

Thank you for any help!

When you do your on line check in, you will select a "Port Arrival Time" from the remaining available times. If your selected time is before 12 or 12:30, arrive at the time you selected. If the morning times are gone and you are forced to select an afternoon time, arrive at 12-12:30. This method will minimize your waiting in the terminal and get you onto the ship as soon as possible.

The idea of the PAT is to spread out the arrivals and make the lines flow more smoothly, as well as allowing everyone into the terminal when they arrive. On the Dream and Fantasy, the terminal cannot legally hold all the guests who might show up early; it is occasionally necessary to have people wait outside the terminal for a short time when they show up early. This doesn't happen after boarding starts as people are moving rapidly from the terminal to the ship from that moment on.

We are taking the bus from Disney do we have to pick port time or does Disney do it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you mean you are taking the bus from WDW, you'll be notified by the hotel as to the time the bus will depart (usually around 12:00). You will not select a PAT if you are using Disney transportation, whether from MCO or from WDW.

Thank you for your help!

I see that the Disney buses seem to arrive at a designated time- thats great info.

As all check in times are still available any thoughts on arriving before or after the Disney buses? I am thinking after.

Thank you for your help!

I see that the Disney buses seem to arrive at a designated time- thats great info.

As all check in times are still available any thoughts on arriving before or after the Disney buses? I am thinking after.

The "sweet spot" for arriving at the port is typically around 12:15-12:30. The "let's be first" rush is done, and the resort bus rush hasn't started yet.

Perfect- I do NOT need to be first! thank you

The "sweet spot" for arriving at the port is typically around 12:15-12:30. The "let's be first" rush is done, and the resort bus rush hasn't started yet.

Thank you for your help!

12-12:30. I totally agree with Shmoo on this. You definitely want to arrive before the WDW buses, which typically start to arrive about 1:30.

If you arrive about 12, you should avoid virtually all the lines and board with minimal delay. Of course, this assumes that the previous cruise disembarked routinely and the embarkation for your cruise has proceeded normally. You may encounter short lines, but nothing major. All the "early birds" will be on the ship, the chaos in the terminal is gone, and this is an easy time. The bus traffic from MCO arrives every 20-30 minutes, but that can't be avoided. You definitely want to avoid the 8-10 buses that will arrive within about 30 minutes from 1:30-2:00.