Question re: Princess Grill

Choose2Cruise

We are sailing next month on QM2, and had booked a B5 cabin near our friends. We have since been upgraded to a P1 junior suite. I understand that we can join them for meals in the Brittania dining room, but that they cannot come up and eat with us in the Princess Grill. Does anyone know if this is a hard-and-fast rule, or do they make any exceptions, on a one-time basis, for our friends to join us for a meal, either breakfast, lunch or dinner? If not, then we can meet them for dinner in the Brittania or one of the alternative restaurants. This is our first Cunard cruise, though we have sailed on Celebrity, Princess, NCL, Costa and others. I'm sure some of the experienced Cunarders on this board can answer this question. Thanks for any help or suggestions that you may have.

If the ship isn't full, you may be able to arrange it. On the inaugural to New York, the Maitre'd made a remark to me about the cheek of people expecting to be served in the restaurant who were not entitled to it but that, of course, was with a full ship.

In my opinion, the Princess Grill on QM2 is certainly nothing special, especially when compared to that on QE2, and given the choice again, I would prefer to dine in the Britannia as it appears to have a much nicer sense of occasion about it.

I feel sure that you will enjoy the ship anyway and I recommend Lotus for at least one night of alternative dining.

it's amazing to see how peeople can view the same thing so differently. i just returned two weeks ago from a round trip transatlantic (oct. 11 and oct.31) on the QM2, sailing in princess grill. I have previously sailed twice on QE2 in queens grill and i have to say both the food and service in PG on QM2 was as good or better. we were coddled by three servers, excellent maitre d's and asst. maitre d's. we could special order anything we wanted, have all the caviar we wanted. the quality of the food was excellent. i realize that no ship can offer the same kind of food you get in top restaurants but this was very good. in addition the junior suite was very comfortable. not having dined in Brittania i can't talk about it but it must be a totally different experience since you're eating with 1200 hundred passengers instead of 180. one may not be better than the other, just different and it depends on what an individual prefers.

Archived