Pacific Sun info...

maxmoonie

My three girlfriends and I are all heading off on a girls holiday on the pacific sun on march 11. We are wondering if anyone has any answers to the following questions.

Are there irons and ironing boards available?

Are beauty treatments available, such as hair ups etc? and if so what is the cost?

Are there beach towels provided?

Can you buy bottles of wine and if so approx. how much do they cost?

Do you tend to need to carry around a handbag or is it easy just to go back to your cabin to re do lipstick etc?

What time is the latest that breakfast is served?

How many sockets are there for plugging in hair irons, curlers etc?

Sorry if these are dumb questions - but a girls got to know what a girls got to know. thanks:o

Welcome to the boards maxxmoonie. I know a couple of people going on your cruise. i go 3 weeks later (yippee!!!!).

They are not dumb questions and as I haven't been yet I can't really answer them. I could tell you what I've found out on these boards though.

Irons & boards are available in the laundry. Apparently there is only one power point, everybody suggests taking a power board & I already have one put away to take. As for salon, there is one but sorry, I can't help you with the prices. But rest assured, someone here will answer any other questions. Don't worry about how dumb or trivial you think your qestions are......just ask them.

Karen

maxmoonie

wine can be bought at dinner table avge cost is between $25-30 a bottle . We found this a bit expensive.

There are green or green and white stripe towels to be used at the pool. People took these ashore to use for beach towels. personally we always take OUR OWN BEACH TOWELS AND SNORKELLING EQUIPMENT IN ONE BAG AND REEF SHOES - a must. The towels are only bath size and not very good for laying on on the beach to sunbake.

You have to return the pool towels to your room to get a clean one. They are allotted from your rooms now. Once upon a time you could just get them from on deck.

I think maybe there might have been 2 electrical outlets in the room. each room also has a hair dryer on the wall.

ther is a beauty parlour where you can get hair nails etc done. Sorry I dont know the charges there as didn't need to go having short hair.

Breakfast up in the buffet is served till 11.00am and then lunch from 11.30am. Breakfast i the resturant is from 7 -9 only and only used it once. We found it to be very slow nearly an hour to have breakfast. If you want to be waited on its the way to go but we found that we could pick what we wanted up in the buffet. The kids actually went to the restuarant every day because they wanted pancakes - not on every day up in buffet as selection changes daily. The only reason we went to resturant is because I wanted a fried egg for a change. Only scrambled ot hard boiled on omelette in buffet.

anything else you want to know just ask

narelle

forgot _ do you need a handbag?

I haven't even taken one the last 3 cruises. No you dont. When boarding I usually have a larger bag to carry all cruise documets, wallet etc in. When we go ashore my DH usually takes a bumbag or I just carry wallet in beach bag. On board the boat - never unless of course you smoke and then I seen some girls carrying a bag around

Yes beach towels are in your room but on our cruise there was also a "disposal bin" for dirty ones when you got back onboard from islands. So there was not really an inventory check. You could take extras ones if you could be bothered carrying them. You could also take the bath towels because a few times we had no beach towels and when we asked the room stewards they had none either and said just take the white bath towels.

The hair styling for formal nights is $33 for short hair and either $50 or from $50 for an upstyle. I had my short hair done and it was nice but not what I asked for. Had my daughters long hair done and it was crap. She was only 8 so it was only $33. Took over 1 1/2 hours and she basically curled it and didn't even put it up at all. We missed kids dinner and captains party because of the long time. Now those problems may just be that bad day. Had my hair done a few years back on the sky and loved it. Friend had hers done on the Star and it was lovely.

The towels are only bath size and not very good for laying on on the beach to sunbake.

narelle

Someone on another board suggested taking a sheet to use on the beach for sunbaking. It is much bigger (but doesn't take up as much room), the sand shakes out of it easier & then you can save your towels for drying yourself. Think I might try it.

Karen

thats a good idea. the sheet

wont need beach towels for next trip. have just booked Sapphire Princess for next january flying over to NZ and cruising back via hobart and melb for 12 nights. was actually cheaper than what we just paid for the Sun for same amount of nights - not including additional airfare over to NZ. The kids are excited as they were very disappointed that our Sept Asia cruise was cancelled due to them selling the Sky

We are going to fly over a week beforehand and tour the Nth Island, hire a car. The cruise only visits 2 ports north and mainly south island so we are going to do nth island on oour own

My friend and I both took handbags which came inreally handy in the night time. Hardly anyone wore there lanyards to dinner so yo could put them in your bag as well as lipstick and your camera. Also we had our long hair done in an upstyle for formal night and we were very happy with it.Bought heaps of photos from that night. Definately take a power board with you.

Narelle, that sounds like a great holiday. I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much.

If you're not sure whether you want a relaxing by the pool holiday or a sightseeing holiday, it sounds like the perfect choice.

Karen

Archived