more pacific sun n608

maxmoonie

Thankyou so much for those quick responses, so I thought I would be brave now and ask a couple more!

Is it pretty much families or will there be other people om board in 20's/ 30's?

In our documents it only says that there is shore tours at one stop, does this mean you can not get off anywhere else?

What is the shopping like? Do they accept us dollars?

Thankyou all so much, I have looked through this board and cant find anyone who is going on this cruise so hopefully we will not be all alone!

Hi Max, welcome to the boards. You'll get some great info here.

Firstly there will be heaps of 20/30's and well as 40/70's. Both lots with family and single. There is usually a great range of cruisers on any given cruise. Some of the best fun you can have in a day is with the 60/70. Some of them now how to have fun!! (we're in our 40's so we love to have fun!!)lol lol

With the islands that don't have shore tours, sometimes the locals organise a bit of an island tour but mainly you get off and snorkel and relax on the beach and sometimes you get off just to get your earth legs back.

Noumea will take $A not too sure about $US but a description of each tour is on the telly every day and that should tell you what their currency is and what they'll accept.

You've not long to go now. Any more help, just ask.

Kerri

I see you are going to Ouvea, Hienghne, and Poum as well as Noumea on your tour. Of these I've only been to Poum and Noumea, and you know about Noumea.

At Poum (aka Divine Island, aka Emerald Bay) you'll probably be offered a couple of shore tours - one of them a Le Petite train style tour of the Village, one a tour out to a mine near Poum and one to a resort near Poum. If these tours are going to be available there'll info in your cabin. Aside from these tours there'll be a BBQ on the beach at Divine Island for you to enjoy.

Can't help you with potential tours at the other stops - but you'll definetly be allowed off the ship (unless poor weather conditions mean that they can't operate the tenders).

I see you are going to Ouvea, Hienghne

Ouvea is 25km of beach (really nice) apparently it on 30 metres above sea level, great for swimming etc.

Hienghene, I went their July05 and didn't take a tour,not much there if you don't we found out, but other passengers told us they went on tours with some of the locals for approx 2 hours and only paid $50 all up( Not through P&O though,also the first time the Sun visited Hienghene),the tours consisted of just driving around showing off all the good spots,Club Med, caves etc, they raved about it when they came back, but I'm only repeating what others passengers told us as we went ashore on the first tender stayed about an hour then went back to the ship and missed out but people that went ashore later where approached by locals, we only found out when we were sailing away.

I recomend the tour at poum to the nickel mine. It dosnt sound like much but this was the highlight of the day. Because the man doing the tour was a funny man and he takes you to his house where you meet his wife and they cook traditional foods for you. They are really lovely. And his house looks like paradise on the waters edge. Also people who didnt book tours for Poum never got to get off he ship here at all. They had to wait and queue to go to Divine Island for a BBQ lunch where as we were taken straight there after our Poum tour. So if you book it early you wont miss out on the Divine Island beach party and you get a bonus in seeing Poum.

Archived