Tours information?

mands

Does anyone know how quickly shore tours normally get booked up? We finallllly got our cruise pack today (we go Saturday!!!) and there was no tour reservation form in the pack. So I rang P & O and he said oh that's because you've missed out on prebooking as you got your tickets so late so you will just have to try and get on them when you get on board the first day. So cross I'm really hoping we don't miss out. It's been such a hard time with P & O and I fed up with them before stepping a foot on the ship!:mad:

I booked three weeks before our cruise and could pre book. This was the first time it had been offered. You will have to go straight to the booking office as soon as it opens. Do you have the list of tours?? If so put a ring round the ones you want and have a back up.

Does anyone know how quickly shore tours normally get booked up? We finallllly got our cruise pack today (we go Saturday!!!) and there was no tour reservation form in the pack. So I rang P & O and he said oh that's because you've missed out on prebooking as you got your tickets so late so you will just have to try and get on them when you get on board the first day. So cross I'm really hoping we don't miss out. It's been such a hard time with P & O and I fed up with them before stepping a foot on the ship!:mad:

Oh Mands, what twits they are. :mad: Asian cruises are the only ones you don't get prebooking forms for. I rang them a couple of weeks ago and ask re that and that's what the lovely girl on the other end said. No prebooking available. you've got to book when you get on the ship. In your room you should get Shore Tour paperwork with the prices. If it's not in your room go to the Tour desk on the same floor as the Pursers office in the same area.

So whoever told you that is WRONG!! Talk about add more stress to your holiday before you've even gone. No wonder you've been in bed sick:(

Kerri:)

Yep, we know the ones we want to do, am worried as they sound like good ones that will go quickly. I will just have to get in first so we don't miss out!

Thanks for the tips! Just don't want to miss out. There are only 3 that we reallllly want to do and even one of those it's not a biggie so fingers crossed anyways.

Oh Mands, what twits they are. :mad: ........

So whoever told you that is WRONG!! Talk about add more stress to your holiday before you've even gone. No wonder you've been in bed sick:(

Actually, for once the information from the P&O call centre was correct.

According to the information we got with our shore tour information and booking form, prebooking for the shore tours closes about 2-3 weeks before the cruise, so as Mands only got her tickets within a week of the cruise, prebooking would have closed. Also, they don't offer prebooking for ALL shore tours on a cruise. On our coming cruise the only prebooking we could do was for tours in Noumea - but we know there will also be tours offered at Suva and Vila.

Hi Kym, on the Asian cruises apparently they aren't doing any prebooking no matter how long you've had your tickets. For some reason they've changed their procedures for the Sky and they're offering NO prebookings at all.

You'd think they'd all have the same procdures wouldn't you!!

Kerri

Hi Kym, on the Asian cruises apparently they aren't doing any prebooking no matter how long you've had your tickets. For some reason they've changed their procedures for the Sky and they're offering NO prebookings at all.

You'd think they'd all have the same procdures wouldn't you!!

Kerri

Is Mands doing an Asian cruise?? I must have missed that.

I've given up trying to figure out how P&O works. It's better that way.

Hi all, yep I'm doing the Asian cruise. We have seen this Airtrek Canopy Tour in Langkawi we really wanted to do - it says limited number of places available though so we have to get on that one, as that's the one we really want to do. Then the other one is a jungle trek in PHuket, again another limited number one. There's one other we want to do but it isn't major if we miss out on it.

Well who really knows what the go is with the tours - I think it changes whoever you speak to, just like the ticket situation. One week they say one thing another week it's another. But guess what everyone 1 and a half sleeps to go - yippeeeeeeeeee!!! Off to the beauty shop tonight to get all those last minute jobs done.:) :) :)

Is Mands doing an Asian cruise?? I must have missed that.

I've given up trying to figure out how P&O works. It's better that way.

Hi Kym, they're pretty unrealiable aren't they. You would have thought that as they work with a cruise ship line that would have done one or more cruises wouldn't you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The seem to now very little about what goes on on their ships!

Hi Kym, they're pretty unrealiable aren't they. You would have thought that as they work with a cruise ship line that would have done one or more cruises wouldn't you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The seem to now very little about what goes on on their ships!

Occassionally you strike one that knows what they're doing. When we rang to pay our final balance, we got a girl who was on the ball. But it does seem to be rare.

On the other hand, I rang to ask when they were posting out the tickets, as we had to move house unexpectedly and I wanted to make sure that if I changed our address it wouldn't mess up the delivery - and I was told the tickets weren't going to be sent out for at least another 2 weeks (from when I was talking to him). The next day, or maybe the day after, we received the tickets in the mail!

Hi Mands, are you packed yet????lol lol Hasn't Sarahs week gone fast!!! (sad face).

Kerri

Yep I'm pretty much all packed, just have my evening gown to go in my main luggage, then final bits in my hand luggage!!

I can't believe how quickly Sarah's week has gone, i bet they can't either. I hope they have a great time though, I'm sure they were staying in Singa's after so there holiday isn't near over yet!!

I just wish it was 5pm tomorrow, then I will have finished work and be heading home for a glass of red!!

From memory Sarah's in Sing for 1 night after the cruise.

That's the trouble isn't it. You wait sooooooooo long for your holiday, the excitment is unbearable at times, you're wishing it was here sooner rather than later, then it's over. (sigh). What has taken months to arrive is over before you can blink.

You've got to make the absolute most of the whole experience, take 100's of photos and then look forward to the next cruise!!! lol lol

Yep, we've got the video camera charged and the digital camera charged, my mobile is fully charged and I've cleared out old photo's!

I plan to make the most of it! Woo-hooo!!

mands,

just thought I'd add my good wishes to you. Have a great time, look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. I can put your and sarahs info together and get an idea of what we are to expect.

Have fun

Sandra

Archived