My first Cruise YAY!

sarze

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and have just booked my first cruise.

Am so happy to find this site where I know you will all be excited with me as the cruise isn't until November and I would probably have no friends left if I showed my excitement to all the non cruisers out there :p .

Anyway, I have just a few questions if you don't mind helping me out.

1. In the fine print of the booking it said visas are our responsibility, do we need visas for the week fantastique going to Noumea, Lifou and Vila?

2. Do you guys know of any required vaccinations for those ports?

3. How do I get a cool cruise countdown signature? :)

Thanks in advance, can't wait!!!

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and have just booked my first cruise.

Am so happy to find this site where I know you will all be excited with me as the cruise isn't until November and I would probably have no friends left if I showed my excitement to all the non cruisers out there :p .

Anyway, I have just a few questions if you don't mind helping me out.

1. In the fine print of the booking it said visas are our responsibility, do we need visas for the week fantastique going to Noumea, Lifou and Vila?

Thanks in advance, can't wait!!!

Hi Sarze,

and welcome to the boards. We're all friends here and can't stop talking about cruising, so talk about it all you want :D. Any questions will be happily answered by any of the well cruiswed people here. I'm only fairly new aswell, my first cruise is in August, and have had a lot of questions that I've asked, answered promptly, by many people :), even some I haven't asked have been answered to other people.

As for your questions, my TA told me there is no need for visas or vaccinations, but I'm going to check with my GP anyway, just in case. And with the countdown, go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=174730

and it will tell you all you need to know, also visit http://www.tickerfactory.com for the cool graphic ones.

Trevor

Hi Sarze and welcome:p

No need for visas or vaccinations but a check with your GP is a good idea.

Have fun asking any questions on these boards as they are very helpful.:)

Make sure all your routine vaccinations are up to date, particularly if you are taking children, and also consider having a flu vaccine.

As long as you hold Australian or New Zealand passports you won't need Visa's - these will be arranged in bulk by P&O. If you hold a passport of another country you may need to make further enquiries.

Thanks guys for your help, I think my countdown is working now and I will check with GP next time I am there. Won't start asking questions about packing etc yet as I will probably run to the cupboard and pull down the suitcases in excitement lol.

We went on our first cruise in Nove,ber which included Noumea,Vila and Lifou and we had 3 children also and we didnt need vaccinations for this cruise.I think they state that for all cruises. Easier to do so than not do so if I am making sense.

You will have a brilliant time on the cruise! We did. hubby and I are sailing next week for the 3 night to nowhere on the Pacific Star and as it gets closer it is getting exciting. I know we will miss the kids but we are looking forward to having a little break! What better way to do it on a cruise!

You will find so much information on the boards. Everyone is so helpful! Any questions please ask...

We went on our first cruise in Nove,ber which included Noumea,Vila and Lifou and we had 3 children also and we didnt need vaccinations for this cruise.I think they state that for all cruises. Easier to do so than not do so if I am making sense.

You will have a brilliant time on the cruise! We did. hubby and I are sailing next week for the 3 night to nowhere on the Pacific Star and as it gets closer it is getting exciting. I know we will miss the kids but we are looking forward to having a little break! What better way to do it on a cruise!

You will find so much information on the boards. Everyone is so helpful! Any questions please ask...

Annissa, I'm still jealous that you'll be on Pacific Star before us! But I'm sure you and your hubby will have a wonderful time.

Archived