QM2 Self Service Laundry

BennBilly

We will be sailing from South Hampton to NY I believe September 10th or llth. Our TA has told us there is self service laundry as well as laundry service on board. We will have been in London for 7 days prior to sailing and are wondering if this information is accurate.

There is self service laundry on each passenger cabin deck. If I remember correctly there are about six washers and six dryers. No charge to use them and the cruise I was on was not charging for powdered detergent. Also two irons and ironing boards - but I found these difficult to use as they are right against the wall and the laundry room is quite small.

Did not use the laundry service on the QM2 - only dry cleaning and I found their rates comparable to what I pay in Phila.

Hope htis helps and enjoy your crossing!

The washers and dryers are new and work well.

BYO fabric softener/Bounce etc as all they may have available is powdered detergent.

I think they lock the doors at 9pm to keep the noise down.

BennBilly - There is a shot of the laundry on 3 deck here - [url="http://www.imageevent.com/mufi/qe2cruisetonewenglandaugust2002"]www.imageevent.com/mufi/qe2cruisetonewenglandaugust2002[/url]

David.

I personally inspected them (but did not use) and they look impressive. I did laundry and ironing on QE2 and was pleased with the set up. Just came off the Radisson Navigator and they had a automatic detergent dispenser hooked up to the machine (all gratis). I was concerned as their was no fabric softener but those machines were great, everyting felt soft enough.

BennBilly,

If you want to do laundry, plan on trying to get to the laundry room at 7:30 when they open. I did, and was glad I got there early because many people showed up looking to do their wash.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000[/img]
June 5th - Queen Mary 2 Westbound Transatlantic

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
November 22nd - Sun Princess 10 night Eastern Caribbean

Archived