Jewel Chefs Table...night?

NancyL2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So Nancy --

Did you manage to book the Chef's Table? I'm also considering trying to book it for our January cruise on the Jewel, but also want to pre-book my specialty dining in a few days. Not sure what day of the cruise to "hold" for the Chef's Table possibility.

If you have any info, or a review if you actually were able to attend, would love to hear it. I've read some older reviews, but always love hearing recent opinions.

I'm also curious if anyone has info on whether it is restricted to 18 and over (given the wine) and what the charge is right now? I would love to bring at least one of my daughters, who will be just shy of 18 on our trip. She loves all the food network channels, and I think she would thoroughly enjoy the experience.

So Nancy --

Did you manage to book the Chef's Table? I'm also considering trying to book it for our January cruise on the Jewel, but also want to pre-book my specialty dining in a few days. Not sure what day of the cruise to "hold" for the Chef's Table possibility.

If you have any info, or a review if you actually were able to attend, would love to hear it. I've read some older reviews, but always love hearing recent opinions.

I'm also curious if anyone has info on whether it is restricted to 18 and over (given the wine) and what the charge is right now? I would love to bring at least one of my daughters, who will be just shy of 18 on our trip. She loves all the food network channels, and I think she would thoroughly enjoy the experience.

My DS and DD were able to do the Chef's Table when we sailed on the Epic. When we first walked in, the rest of the group exchanged looks of displeasure, but they soon found out that teens (16 and 15 at the time) can be quite charming dinner companions. We were in the Owner's Suite so I don't know if that allowed us some priority booking or not. We plan on doing it again (loved the menu!) on our upcoming cruise. I think my kids (now 18 and 16) are more excited about the Chef's Table over anything else on the cruise. :) NCL did comp the price a bit since they were not partaking of the wine pairings.

My DS and DD were able to do the Chef's Table when we sailed on the Epic. When we first walked in, the rest of the group exchanged looks of displeasure, but they soon found out that teens (16 and 15 at the time) can be quite charming dinner companions. We were in the Owner's Suite so I don't know if that allowed us some priority booking or not. We plan on doing it again (loved the menu!) on our upcoming cruise. I think my kids (now 18 and 16) are more excited about the Chef's Table over anything else on the cruise. :) NCL did comp the price a bit since they were not partaking of the wine pairings.

Thanks Getaway4fun -- it had occurred to me that teens might not be favored by some at this event, but like yours, mine are friendly, engaged, and well-mannered. I can't see affording our whole group at $110 a pop, but since it will be so close to her 18th birthday, I thought it would be a fun present for her if I can secure the booking once onboard

Well I see just about all of your questions have been answered. :)

It was probably the best meal I have ever enjoyed...seriously.

We met in Magnums bar area and we enjoyed a delicious glass of "champs".

Had our individual picture taken with the chef then a group picture.

There was a total of 14 for our dinner...so my being a solo was not a problem. Our dinner was on Monday evening in LaBistro.

The meal was amazing and the wine just kept coming...I had to stop or I wouldn't have been able to walk. lol

We met up for after dinner drinks/coffee...Baileys for me. :)

You will recieved a signed menu by the chef and two pictures in a very nice souvenier folder.

Have fun!

Sounds like you had a great time Nancy!

Did you embark on a Saturday? I seem to remember noticing the Alaska sailings were Saturday to Saturday. Mine is a Sunday to Sunday, so possibly the Chef's Table will be on Tuesday for my sailing.

I'm going to have to really ponder whether or not to do it, because it's just gotten so expensive. Went from $75 pp to $110+ 18% auto gratuity -- so for three of us it's $390 for one meal. Yikes! But I really want to do it.

We have the UDP and UBP, so it's extra hard to justify the hefty price-tag. But so far, haven't seen anyone posting anything other than having a great experience. Decisions, decisions.

Yes, our Jewel cruise was a Saturday to Saturday. :)

So maybe your chefs table will be on a Tuesday....just have to stop by the dinner reservation desk.

Sounds like you had a great time Nancy!

Did you embark on a Saturday? I seem to remember noticing the Alaska sailings were Saturday to Saturday. Mine is a Sunday to Sunday, so possibly the Chef's Table will be on Tuesday for my sailing.

I'm going to have to really ponder whether or not to do it, because it's just gotten so expensive. Went from $75 pp to $110+ 18% auto gratuity -- so for three of us it's $390 for one meal. Yikes! But I really want to do it.

We have the UDP and UBP, so it's extra hard to justify the hefty price-tag. But so far, haven't seen anyone posting anything other than having a great experience. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks Getaway4fun -- it had occurred to me that teens might not be favored by some at this event, but like yours, mine are friendly, engaged, and well-mannered. I can't see affording our whole group at $110 a pop, but since it will be so close to her 18th birthday, I thought it would be a fun present for her if I can secure the booking once onboard

If you are in the Haven, request the Chef's Table with the pre-concierge just to make sure you get in. If you aren't, head to the dining reservations as soon as you get onboard so that you don't miss out. I am sure your daughter will love it! The behind the scenes kitchen tour is amazing, too! If she loves Food Network, she will love the tour. After our tour, we had lunch with our Chef's Table group. It was really a very nice way to meet people! Good luck and Bon Appetit! :)

If you are in the Haven, request the Chef's Table with the pre-concierge just to make sure you get in. If you aren't, head to the dining reservations as soon as you get onboard so that you don't miss out. I am sure your daughter will love it! The behind the scenes kitchen tour is amazing, too! If she loves Food Network, she will love the tour. After our tour, we had lunch with our Chef's Table group. It was really a very nice way to meet people! Good luck and Bon Appetit! :)

We are in the Haven, so I was planning on mentioning it to the pre-concierge. My husband is against signing up for it, since we have the UDP and UBP. But he hasn't seen the menu. I'm pretty sure he would love the experience. I keep thinking "that's so much for one meal" but really it's an experience, not just a dinner.

what's the dress for code for this? My SO would love the dinner etc but hates getting "dressed up" which is why we like NCL. We have a penthouse suite on our upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise on the Jewel and this sounds like a terrific experience.

I believe it is smart casual. I would personally dress up a bit -- probably cocktail range -- but that's because I love dressing up. If you check out some reviews of the event -- the ma'ams have a few -- you can see the group photos and get a general idea of what people wear