Majestic Princess and open seas

higheden

Hi,

We are sailing on the Majestic Princess from New Zealand to Australia in December and are looking for feedback from anyone who has had a cabin at the very front of the ship on a Tasman Sea crossing.

Would appreciate knowing how the ship reacts in rough weather as we are a little nervous about being in this location on open sea.

Many thanks,

Eden

• 1 month later...

We just got back from the New Zealand/Australia trip on Majestic. The captain informed us on the announcement system that the Tasman Sea was rougher than usual...they had seasick bags on every trash can in public areas. My husband is not prone to seasickness but I am. I did take some Bonine pills and did not throw up but I was queasy. They have seasickness pills in the shops on the boat but if you are prone to being seasick, it wouldn't hurt to put a few in your luggage (probably cheaper). My cabin was not on the front of the boat but I spent both sea days on the Tasman Sea in the cabanas near the Hollywood Pool area which is on the front of the ship...very pretty views...go early in the day to claim a cabana...apparently there is no cost for them but we always had one of us stay in the cabana to save our spot. 

We just got back from the New Zealand/Australia trip on Majestic and were in a forward cabin (E-219) and although the seas weren't real bad (10-15 foot seas) there still was a lot of motion on the front of this ship.  We don't get seasick but would not book a room this far forward again on this style of ship with an itinerary that has a potential for rough seas.