First time cruiser : snorkeling from an AI beach club : Nachi Cocom or Mr. Sanchos?

El Gogo

Hi, cruise critic Cozumel. A little background : my wife and I are in our mid 30’s, and we will go on our first ever ocean cruise on June 25th aboard the Carnival Valor from Galveston, set to be in Cozumel on the 27th. We won the cruise through the MyVegas game.

We have been looking at excursions for both Cozumel and Progresso, and the one thing my wife really want to do is snorkeling, because she heard Cozumel is very good place for that ; I just want to escape to a beach and chill and do activities and after looking at YouTube videos and reviews on here as well as Trip Advisor, we are thinking of doing the all inclusive package from either Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom. My question is in regards to the snorkeling activity each resort offers ...which one is better ? And is it better to bring our own snorkeling equipment rather than rent it from those places ?

TIA, everyone .

Unless your spouse takes the snorkel tour out to the reefs (about $35 for 90 minutes) she will see lots of sand and not much else.

Your other option is to first head to the Money Bar with great snorkeling from the shore, but no sandy beach. After an hour or two of snorkeling, and some drinks and snacks, then grab another taxi to either Sanchos or Nachi - or just relax all day at MB :cool:

Thank you for the replies

Are those snorkel tours any good? We plan on spending the whole day at one of those beach clubs, well until time to head back to the ship of course. Money Bar, from all my research so far, sounds good for snorkeling though ...I think Sky Reef sounds kinda like MB too..