Mercury Upgrade Guaranty Sky Suite??

eandee

We are sailing May 4th, 2005 and some poster mentioned a few months back about Celebrity sometimes posting your assigned room number on the Celebrity site under your reservation, sometimes even before you recieved your docs in the mail.

Has anyone sailing on the Mercury lately found this to be true???

Thanks,

Liz:confused:

I booked a GTY for my Millennium cruise, under the www.celebrity.com website it listed my cabin number as GTY until yesterday. They finally assigned me a cabin number so know I can tell people how to find me. Depending on how the bookings are going, they may not assign your cabin until the week of your cruise. This information can be found in the same location as where you fill in your online documentation

The last suite gty I booked, I did not have my assignment until 3 days prior to sailing.

So the room number wasn't even on your travel docs from the TA?

I have a wedding and need to inform the coordinator of my room number 30 days prior for some reason.

Time to call TA.:o

Well........

I booked a GTY for my Millennium cruise, under the www.celebrity.com website it listed my cabin number as GTY until yesterday. They finally assigned me a cabin number so know I can tell people how to find me. Depending on how the bookings are going, they may not assign your cabin until the week of your cruise. This information can be found in the same location as where you fill in your online documentation

Were either of you on sold out cruises? Mine is looking that way.

Wondered if it made a difference.

Liz:confused:

#7 report.gif

post_new.gif Today, 02:09 PM

chessbriar user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_3273726", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Ours is a long way from being sold out. The closer it is to sold out the longer they wait to assign rooms

That's odd...I would have thought that with so many rooms already sold it would make it easier to pick where the "guarantees" go since there wouldn't be many options left or rooms to sell in that catagory?

tdebolt,

The more rooms that sell, the more they have to adjust what they are doing. You may get more of an upgrade if categories are sold out. I know on our cruise in January, they had sold so many inside GTYs they were calling Captain's Club members and offering to allow them to pay a small price for and upgrade. We paid $100/pp to go from Cat 9 to Cat 5. It's much easier to assign rooms when there are a lot of rooms available.

I wonder why the site put me down as a bad post report as opposed to a quote as I'm guessing you wanted?

• 2 weeks later...

All these comments are why I no longer do the guarantee thing. I used it once and found little benefit and was discomfited by having to wait so long to find out what my cabin was.

Gene in Birmingham

Archived