what is your favorite thing you ever did in bermuda, and why?

cathhduh

ive been there many times, ive done all the touristy excursions, or so i think, so i would love for you guys to tell me what your favorite thing you did while you were there, and why?

favorite bar, excursion, beach, method of travel, etc!

i know my answer to those, but since im going back i want to try new things!

thanks in advanced!:)

My Family and I really enjoyed Hamilton Nights. It was on the Main Street in Hamilton. All the Local Vendors and Crafters were out selling different Crafts, Foods and etc. we also loved the Horse Shoe Beach as well as the Swizzle Inn Restraurant.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Riding our mopeds around the Island and finding a small quiet beach without anyone there and enjoying it! Also, stopping and having a drink at the Country Squire in Somerset, great place to hang out while the Sun is going down and a short ride back to the dockyard.

Horseback riding that included a tour of the back streets of Bermuda and a ride on the beach. This was booked through the internet and not through NCL as was our 4 hour boat rental from Somerset water sports that was just as awesome to putt around the island and fish!

IMG_1130.jpg.b77db71485d52fe0b60bf91ceb10a4cb.jpg

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Hartley's Helmet Dive --- enough to leave a teen smiling and chatty.:D

I second that! We've done it at least 5 times and never get tired of it!

Horseback riding that included a tour of the back streets of Bermuda and a ride on the beach. This was booked through the internet and not through NCL as was our 4 hour boat rental from Somerset water sports that was just as awesome to putt around the island and fish!

thanks for the info so far guys this is great!

how pricey was the boat rental, we have small group of us going so that could be great!

Riding the bus:eek:

hahaha! yes i totally agree, though i have and will take the bus again, i close my eyes, and would prefer to be on the ferry!

and im glad someone else is getting good info out of this!

The boat rental is listed under Somerset Watersports. I think it was about $165 for four hours for a boat that would fit 4 people. The list others that are larger. They would be pontoon party boats. I believe Somerset Watersports even picks you up at the Dockyard and brings you to the boats. I have not done this yet but am looking at it for this August.

One of my favorite things I have done in BDA is definitely the private boat rental, which I have done 3-4 times. We have used Aquatic Bermuda each time, and could not have been happier. They have either a 17' whaler or a 23' pontoon boat, which are both larger than 13' whalers Somerset uses. You do have to take the ferry into Hamilton to meet up with the boat, but that gives you the oppurtunity to putter around the harbour as well, and then motor out through paradise islands, which are incredible, and have multiple little beaches and great things to see.

http://aquaticbermuda.com/boat_rentals.htm

17 foot whaler

Whaler_front_view%20-%20Copy%20(2).jpg

13 foot whaler

mainboatPic%20copy.jpg

One of my favorite things I have done in BDA is definitely the private boat rental, which I have done 3-4 times. We have used Aquatic Bermuda each time, and could not have been happier. They have either a 17' whaler or a 23' pontoon boat, which are both larger than 13' whalers Somerset uses. You do have to take the ferry into Hamilton to meet up with the boat, but that gives you the oppurtunity to putter around the harbour as well, and then motor out through paradise islands, which are incredible, and have multiple little beaches and great things to see.

http://aquaticbermuda.com/boat_rentals.htm

17 foot whaler

Whaler_front_view%20-%20Copy%20(2).jpg

13 foot whaler

mainboatPic%20copy.jpg

thats great! im definitely interested in renting a boat for a couple hours, taking the ferry into hamilton is no problem, will just shop before or after!

I really wanted to do it for about 3 different trips to Bermuda, finally got there last fall and it was a great experience. Even though the weight belt fell off of me before I got completely down the ladder ( and I have never climbed a ladder so quickly before on the way up), it was an experience I will never forget.

I also just love riding the ferries and busses, watching the scenery, and chatting with the locals.

My husband LOVED the helmet dive. St George, I like it better than Hamilton it is small and has the feel of a small town. We both love the beach below ft st catherine, but the little bar is gone, the glass bottom boat was a great surprise. It was cool to see the boat wreck etc. Horse shoe bay is beautiful. We have been 6 times on the cruise we love Bermuda.

My husband LOVED the helmet dive. St George, I like it better than Hamilton it is small and has the feel of a small town. We both love the beach below ft st catherine, but the little bar is gone, the glass bottom boat was a great surprise. It was cool to see the boat wreck etc. Horse shoe bay is beautiful. We have been 6 times on the cruise we love Bermuda.

st george is absolutely the most perfect picture of bermuda, its a shame we dont dock there any more!

horseshoe bay is amazing but i prefer tobacco bay!

Breakfast horseback ride at Spicelands. The first time I did it, they were still letting experienced riders canter. We did a wild canter up a switchback trail on a sandy hill above the beach. The sand was really flying! Fabulous!

I was the only one who showed up in boots and breeches, so they realized I knew how to ride. They got my horse out first, sent me to the school ring and let me lead the warmup walk in the ring.

im sure it is, but im also sure id love to rent a boat and travel around for a couple hours.

very torn!

One major thing to remmember is that the jet skis are tours. A guide goes with you so you don't get in trouble with the numerous and dangerous reefs. It has a planned itinerary, but it is still a nice excursion.

The rental boat you navigate by yourself or you can hire a guide. Because it goes so much slower, that is probably why they let you self pilot.

I remember being up high on the cliffs at Church bay, watching a local on a jet ski blasting along the water, and dodging all the reefs at a high rate of speed. I could easily sees all the reefs he was avoiding, a thrill I am sure but quite scary to watch.

Archived