Getting the best out of duty-free

chaz cruiser

Hi All,

I just read a very interesting article on the www.news.com.au website about shopping around for duty free prices. It includes links to some comparison web sites to ensure that you are getting the best prices.

For those wanting to look for a bargain and avoid that "oh no" moment when you realise you could have saved more money it may be worth a look. The link is as per below.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,23483,20068337-36335,00.html

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Hi All,

I just read a very interesting article on the www.news.com.au website about shopping around for duty free prices. It includes links to some comparison web sites to ensure that you are getting the best prices.

For those wanting to look for a bargain and avoid that "oh no" moment when you realise you could have saved more money it may be worth a look. The link is as per below.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,23483,20068337-36335,00.html

Cheers,

Chaz:)

If you are cruising and going to Vila - don't buy any duty free alcohol on board until you've been to Vila, as you'll pick up some good deals there, cheaper than onboard.

Hey Skyrules

Do you know if Perfume and Jewellery are any cheaper in Vila? I'm new to the whole Duty free thing and would like to get it right first time!

Thanks

Mel

Sorry Mel, didn't shop for either of those - so I didn't really notice.

Kym

Melkaista, some things are cheaper, some not. Not much help hey. Wht I do is make a list of stuff I want and price it on the ship and then when in Vila compare and buy where ever is cheaper. Even the "Promotions" they have on alcohol on the ship are most of the time more expensive than Vila.

I bought Calvin Klein crave and it was $41 in Vila, then discovered it was $37 0r $39 on board. However, the other stuff (can't remember) was much cheaper in Vila.

Take the ships alcohol cigarette flyer with in Vila so you have the prices with you.

Hey Skyrules

Do you know if Perfume and Jewellery are any cheaper in Vila? I'm new to the whole Duty free thing and would like to get it right first time!

Thanks

Mel

just a heads up.. whilst the perfume range on board is quite good... the range in Vila is fantastic. You can get just about anything there. not sure about jewellery though.

Hey Skyrules

Thanks

Mel

I use Estee Lauder - Youth Dew. In Sydney I pay between $90 - $120. In Villa, duty free it was $65 and I brought it on Pacific Sun for $45:)

Karen

Archived