I'm going to Grand Cayman's

Pickles61

Hi. I’ve been “lurking” on these boards for the past few weeks and just registered today. I’m going on the Carnival Conquest on 10/31/04 and I had really wanted to go to Grand Caymans – being that I had already been to the 2 other island. I had resigned myself to the fact that we would not be going there due to the hurricane (I feel very bad for the people there) but I just called Carnival to ask about Grand Cayman’s – after being put on hold for a few minutes the lady came back and said we would be going – but the Web site had not been updated yet. So it looks like we are going!! :) :)

Hi, thanks for the info. I knwo they can always cancel a port, in this case they did cancel the GC and still shows a cancled on Carnvial site btu I was told it is now added back in, I'll keep my fingers crossed. In anycase I'll have a great time.

My best friend was on the 10/4 Princess Cruise. They made an announcement at sea that Princess was "just notified" that they weren't going to Cayman. Instead of a 10 day 6 ports, 4 sea day cruise, they spent 6 days at sea and only 4 ports!I would say no one is going to know where they are going until they get there.

well...for what it's worth...I'm on the 10/31 Conquest as well. I just called Carnival and was told that sailing in NOT stopping in Cayman and would be receiving the extended times in Jamaica and Mex and the extra "fun day at sea" in place of Cayman...which most of us already knew about.

It is very possible I could call back and get a different answer with a different person. Personally, I'm not expecting to hear anything new (accurate) until I get on board the ship. I looked yesterday and saw that there was 5 ships scheduled to go to Cayman on 11/4...same day as the Conquest. It seems only 1 of the 5 ships has an alternative port to sub for Cayman...the remaining 4, including the Conquest, have extra sea days scheduled.

Hope for the best...expect the worst.

My travel agent talked to his friend at Carnival who is supposed to be in a position to know and they told him they are returning to Cayman starting with the 10/30 sailings:

Inspiration

Triumph

Imagination

10/31 sailings

Conquest

All November departures will visit Cayman as originally scheduled.

We all know this can change though

Bullet00--where did you get the info about the Century Nov 20th sailing? We are also on that cruise and would love to get the scoop.

Over on the Celebrity Connections board, we have a lively conversation between several of the passengers for that sailing--come on over and join in!

We are sailing on the Star Princess on Nov 7-14. Originally we were supposed to have 2 sea days and go to Ochos Rios, GC, Princess Cay and Cozumel. THEN those stupid hurricanes came thru and messed everyone's life up (they got it 10x's worse than we did here in FL) Once Princess found out the damage, we lost GC and Princess Cay, got an extra sea day and Costa Maya. NOW (as of yesterday on the cruise personalizer) Princess is taking us to GC as well as 3 islands while Princess Cay is getting repaired. I am totally excited about GC coming back, but I am not holding my breath.

Good luck to all

Karen:D

Archived