QE2 Cabins

thames_side

Next year's transatlantic cruise to Canada and down to New York looks good for us Brits. I have been offered Caronia class cabins 1015 or 2096. Anybody been in either of these? Is there a detailed deck plan to be found anywhere on the net?
Doug

Hi Doug

I haven't been in either, but I have an original plan from 1969. As far as I see, both
cabins look very nice.

1015 is basically a 'box', but a large box. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] As you walk in, there's a big bathroom, and wall of closets on the right.
It has 2 twin beds with a night table in between.

2096 is more a reverse 'L' shape. Same set-up with the wardrobes, and bathroom, but the 2nd bed is stated as a convertible sofa bed.

But both cabins have 2 of those big oval portholes, so you'll be getting plenty of light.

Wish I was going, that really sounds like a nice cruise! But it'll feel kinda odd sailing in to NY, and not getting off the ship. LOL
Who know's ..... with my sense of adventure, you just might find me on board! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

If you have any other questions, just ask.

vic [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

16 - HAL
10 - Cunard
4 - Home Lines
2 - NCL
2 - Royal Viking Line

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

Thanks Vic, that's very helpful. We've gone for 1015. Seems a long way ahead but part of the fun is in the anticipation! Anyway we are booked on a Med cruise in Sept this year so that's not too far away (and not too long before we have to pay!)
Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thames_side:
Thanks Vic, that's very helpful. We've gone for 1015. Seems a long way ahead but part of the fun is in the anticipation! Anyway we are booked on a Med cruise in Sept this year so that's not too far away (and not too long before we have to pay!)
Doug<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi thames_side,

Is that the med cruise leaving the 18th Sept?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thames_side:
Hi Moo-woo. Yes it is.
Doug<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, This is going to be my first cruise! Have you been on the QE2 before? Hopefully the weather will still be nice for a bit of sunbathing. I'm certainly looking foward to it!

Archived