Can't sleep...

Hate 2 W8t

I don't fly out until Sunday and already I can't sleep! :eek:

My mind keeps racing through items like packing, checking in, what to do as soon as we get on board, what excursion should we do in Denali & Talkeetna, how will I avoid gaining weight, and so much more!

So, after an hour of lying in bed with these thoughts, I figured I might as well get up and see what's happening at CC. Maybe this will help me get to sleep. :confused:

I don't fly out until Sunday and already I can't sleep! :eek:

My mind keeps racing through items like packing, checking in, what to do as soon as we get on board, what excursion should we do in Denali & Talkeetna, how will I avoid gaining weight, and so much more!

So, after an hour of lying in bed with these thoughts, I figured I might as well get up and see what's happening at CC. Maybe this will help me get to sleep. :confused:

Here I am wide awake with the same thoughts going through my head. Luckily I have one day on you--we fly to Seattle on Saturday and embark late that afternoon.

My wife and I leave for Vancouver on Saturday and sail on the Sun on Sunday. However, we've pretty much been packed (except maybe for one or two items) for days and we've been sleeping like babies :D .

Hope that both of you have wonderful trips!

JR

Oh that doesn't bother me, I can sleep with the light on and hubby has gotten used to it so it doesn't bother him either anymore, but thanks for the suggestion. For me it's the nerves "before trip" that is keeping me awake.

Thanks I think I'll start to pack and see if that helps

Since daylight is almost all night, take a few clothes pins to make sure that the window or balcony drapes are putted tightly together.

In Juneau, Skagway & Ketchikan, sunrise is around 6:00 a.m. in late August, early September with sunset around 7:45 or 8:00 p.m..

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/custom_srss_calendar.asp

You beat me to it. I've already looked up the sunrise & sunset times for my cruise next week:

8/28 Vancouver - Sunrise 6:23 am, Sunset 8:03 pm

8/30 Ketchikan - Sunrise 5:49 am, Sunset 7:47 pm

8/31 Juneau - Sunrise 5:55 am, Sunset 7:59 pm

9/1 Skagway - Sunrise 5:48 am, Sunset 8:02 pm

9/2 Wrangell - Sunrise 5:55 am, Sunset 7:41 pm

JR

Oh that doesn't bother me, I can sleep with the light on and hubby has gotten used to it so it doesn't bother him either anymore, but thanks for the suggestion. For me it's the nerves "before trip" that is keeping me awake.

Thanks I think I'll start to pack and see if that helps

It should. DW and I have been packing for the last couple of weeks and we mark off the checklist/packing list with each thing we've packed or done. I've got it on an Excel spreadsheet, so I can update and print off a new copy at any time.

Not a lot of stuff left to do...which is good because there isn't much time left.

I just wish the forecast was better for next week (chance of showers every day), but I understand that is the climate of SE Alaska and I also know that the weather is very changeable up there and hard to predict with any degree of certainty.

But, I will be on a floating city, so DW and I will have a great time regardless!

JR

Tell me about crawling, I leave on tuesday, ship sails on wednesday, Well I've started packing, I'll see if that helps tonight. I'm not even going to worry about the weather as I can't even try to control that.

Bon Voyage to all!! Happy safe and healthy travels, hope to exchange trip notes with y'all.

MrsMoose

When I'm on vacation the last thing I'm going to worry about is gaining weight, I've waited 10 years to go on a cruise, I think I'm going to indulge:D We leave on Sept.9 and I think I will wait until the day before to pack, is that insane or what? Everyone get some rest.

When I'm on vacation the last thing I'm going to worry about is gaining weight, I've waited 10 years to go on a cruise, I think I'm going to indulge:D We leave on Sept.9 and I think I will wait until the day before to pack, is that insane or what? Everyone get some rest.

I often wait until the night before to actually pack. I know ahead of time what I am going to bring, will have, hopefully, tried on anything quesitonable, but since I can never sleep the night before a vacation, I pack that night. When I'm done packing, I scrub the house, fold and put away any laundry (now that I've done it all) that I didn't pack, make lists of notes for whoever is taking care of my dog and cat, check my tickets, air reservations, passports, travel book, etc., for the 10th or so time (and will check them at least 3 times on the way to the airport, 3 times while on security check line, 3 times while waiting at the gate, ...) and lay down to stare at the ceiling for an hour or so until it's time to get up and have my coffee :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived