Travel insurance for medevac and medical only

rcmal

Hi, I would like to purchase travel insurance for my parents (81y.o and 79 y.o) who will be joining us for a cruise. I read on one of the threads that we should put in a $1 purchase price? When I called the insurance company and informed them I was only interested in the medevac and medical coverage they automatically put in $0 as the purchase price. When I put in $1 the rate goes up almost $40. Can you explain the rationale of why it would be advised to put in a purchase price of a dollar vs zero? Thank you.

Might want to checkout the Trip Insurance forum too: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

I was about to post the link that has already been posted, for good information here on CC.

Also, we'd recommend that you contact an insurance broker (no extra charge) such as

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

They sell quite a few policies from several difference vetted insurers, and they can discuss pros/cons of different policies, based upon your particular needs.

We've have good luck with the coverage we get through TIS from Travel Insured, meaning that TI *pays* claims, with no nonsense.

But I'd trust any policy purchased through TIS.

CALL them; don't just read the online summaries.

The most common complaints here about travel insurance tend to be because someone didn't read all of the "fine print", which isn't on those brief summaries.

The folks at TIS can help point out some like fine print that might matter for your type of trip and insurance needs.

GC