You guys rock!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:54 AM.
Christchurch
72 Posts
Joined May 2007
Thought it was about time I came out of Lurksville and participated fully in this forum. I've been lurking around for the last month or so while trying to convince my hubby to go on a cruise. Thanks to the information I have picked up from this forum I have managed to talk him into it - and dare I say he is even getting excited about it!

We are now booked on the Queensland coast cruise out of Brisbane leaving on 15 September, and even have our blue folder now to make it more real. I now know most of the tricks, and will be packing my thermal coffee cup, power board, and bottled water (not a big fan of Coke, except with bourbon in it and obviously that is a big no-no to take on board )

So I just want to say a bit thank you to all the contributors to this forum who have inadvertently answered all my unasked questions on formal wear, food, drinks and activities on board - you guys rock!
Wauchope NSW
4,506 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Hi Clozzie and welcome

Lucky you, booked on a cruise!!

I have ten months to wait, so enjoy everyone elses excitement

Chez
xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Northern Star x 1
Fairstar x 2
Pacific Sky x 1
Pacific Sun x 4
Pacific Dawn x 3
Fair Princess x 1
Dawn Princess x 4
Diamond Princess x 3
Sapphire Princess x 2
Emerald Princess x 1
Arcadia x 1
Queen Mary 2 x 1
Solstice x 1
Radiance of the Seas x 1
Voyager of the Seas x 1
Explorer of the Seas x 1
Rhapsody of the Seas x 1
Carmival Spirit x 1
Brisbane
195 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Welcome aboard! You will love this group. Also your going to have such a wonderful time on the cruise. I am so looking forward to our cruise in Oct as well. As it gets closer I am getting excited as well. I remember getting our blue folder as well. Loved getting that!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Anissa

Pacific Sun November, 2005
Pacific Star October, 2007
Pacific Sun March, 2008

Brisbane
665 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by Clozzie
Thought it was about time I came out of Lurksville and participated fully in this forum. I've been lurking around for the last month or so while trying to convince my hubby to go on a cruise. Thanks to the information I have picked up from this forum I have managed to talk him into it - and dare I say he is even getting excited about it!

We are now booked on the Queensland coast cruise out of Brisbane leaving on 15 September, and even have our blue folder now to make it more real. I now know most of the tricks, and will be packing my thermal coffee cup, power board, and bottled water (not a big fan of Coke, except with bourbon in it and obviously that is a big no-no to take on board )

So I just want to say a bit thank you to all the contributors to this forum who have inadvertently answered all my unasked questions on formal wear, food, drinks and activities on board - you guys rock!
Clozzie. Betcha it won't be your last

I was back two weeks before we booked our next cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ShipWatcher | Blog | Postcards | Ten Pound Poms | VQE2

Ellinis. Southampton to Brisbane. April 1965
Myuna II (My rusty old yacht) Numerous coastal cruises 2002 to 2007.
Pacific Star. R717. April 2007, R738. October 2007
Oriana. February 2008, February 2009
Aurora. February 2008, March 2009
Dawn Princess. June 2009

Brisbane
860 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Hi clozzie, any chance of a review when you rturn? as i am doing the Qld cruise on the Star on Oct6. PLEASE!!!!There are a few of us ccs booked on it and Im sure they would love to read it too. Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pacific Star Oct 6 - Oct 13 2007
7 night delight tropical qld cruise

Pacific Sun May 3- May 10 2008
Week Fantastique- NO KIDS!!!

Sun Princess 18 Nov- 20 Nov 2008
Sydney - Melbourne 2 nighter

Pacific Sun 24 Jan 2009
Tour and Lunch

Pacific Dawn 23 Jan 2010
Tour and lunch

Dawn Princess 7 November 2010
Syd - Melbourne via Burnie

Pacific Dawn 1-4 September 2012
Lifestyle cruise
New York
626 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Hello Clozzie,

So glad you decided to join in. Feel free to visit on the Cunard board, even for ..... and giggles.

Paul
Southern Vales, South Australia
502 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by Piton1
Hello Clozzie,

So glad you decided to join in. Feel free to visit on the Cunard board, even for ..... and giggles.

Paul
Hi Paul,
yeah, they go crazy on that Cunard board, esp if you mention crumpets or muffins !!!!

Vanessa
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Thailand & Cambodia (Siem Reap) Oct 07
Pacific Star, Week Fantastique, Sep 07
New York
626 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by SouthAussie100
Hi Paul,
yeah, they go crazy on that Cunard board, esp if you mention crumpets or muffins !!!!

Vanessa
Well now you've done it. I'm thinking about breakfast now and it's 10:40 pm here. I am going to the office tomorrow morning. Maybe I"ll just have to stop at the diner on the way.

Paul
Christchurch
72 Posts
Joined May 2007
Thank everyone for the warm welcome. I will definitely write a review of the cruise as reading other peoples reviews has been one of my favourite activities on this board. I am planning on taking my laptop with me, so will try to write as I go so as not to forget any important points!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Brisbane
126 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Hi Clozzie and welcome,
I’m sure you can’t wait and are all excited about the cruise as I am.
I’m on the same cruise next month, I promise I won't drink all the bourbon on board mmmmmmm have a great cruise.

Cheers Mouse
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sun Princess .... Feb 2017 South Pacific
Sea Princess .... Feb 2015 New Zealand
Pacific Dawn 24March2012 South Pacific
Pacific Sun...26Jan2008, N805 Brisbane - Noumea - Lifou - Isle of Pines
Pacific Star .... 15Sept2007, R733 Whitsunday, Cairns, Port Douglas, Willis Island
Pacific Star...... 28Dec2005 New Years,Maiden Voyage..... Brisbane - Noumea - Yasawa'I'Rara - Suva - Dravuni Island - Vila
SS Oriana ... 21Feb1984 Sydney - Noumea - Honiara - Vila
Christchurch
72 Posts
Joined May 2007
Hey Whitemouse, not too long to go now... and don't you worry about the bourbon, I plan to try all the cocktails on offer so will be spreading my alcohol consumption!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Brisbane
126 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Thanks Clozzie,
All the more for me, hic Have a great time

Cheers Mouse
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sun Princess .... Feb 2017 South Pacific
Sea Princess .... Feb 2015 New Zealand
Pacific Dawn 24March2012 South Pacific
Pacific Sun...26Jan2008, N805 Brisbane - Noumea - Lifou - Isle of Pines
Pacific Star .... 15Sept2007, R733 Whitsunday, Cairns, Port Douglas, Willis Island
Pacific Star...... 28Dec2005 New Years,Maiden Voyage..... Brisbane - Noumea - Yasawa'I'Rara - Suva - Dravuni Island - Vila
SS Oriana ... 21Feb1984 Sydney - Noumea - Honiara - Vila
2,826 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Welcome aboard Clozzie!!
You must be SO excited to have those blue folders
I still have about 5 months wait til mine arrive lol
Looking forward to hearing your review and seeing some piccies when you return But don't wait that long to post again!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jo
Newcaslte lake area
1,201 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
HHi Clozzie How long have you had your blue folder? Just want to know when or how long before cruise day? Chers
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]
Christchurch
72 Posts
Joined May 2007
Ditto, our blue folders arrived about 6 - 7 weeks out from our cruise date. We haven't been allocated a cabin yet, I think that we probably won't get that until the last minute. So now we are umming and ahhing about what shore tours to do
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature