Reserving deck chairs on MSC

marc_b2001

This will be our first Mediterranean cruise with MSC after 4 with Carnival. What is the situation with resreving deck chairs on MSC? Is it the same as Carnival, with people reserving chairs early in the morning and hours before they show up? Thanks.

They ask that you do not do it, but more of the story, people will. Carnival also asks guests to not do it, and we every morning, we see almost all of the chairs reserved by 9AM. All of the chairs directly next to the pool will likely be taken, but if you branch out around the ship, you will likely find some of your own.

MSC has a thing on Divina called "Top 18", where you can buy a day pass and spend your day at the quiet and adult only upper deck, all with premium chairs. One of the booking classes allows you get daily access for free. I am not sure if Seaview will have somethign similar, but I know on Divina, it was something many people tried to do. They cap it at a certain number so it does not get too overcrowded. That could be a viable alternative, and gives you the security of having a chair. Not sure if it will be on Seaview though.

MSC has a thing on Divina called "Top 18", where you can buy a day pass and spend your day at the quiet and adult only upper deck, all with premium chairs. I am not sure if Seaview will have somethign similar, but I know on Divina, it was something many people tried to do.

They didn't allow people to buy day passes to the Exclusive deck on Meraviglia and I reckon that it'll be the same on the Seaside class ships.

This will be our first Mediterranean cruise with MSC after 4 with Carnival. What is the situation with resreving deck chairs on MSC? Is it the same as Carnival, with people reserving chairs early in the morning and hours before they show up? Thanks.

It's the same.