St Lucia island tour

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:06 AM.
San Diego, CA (native)
4 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
My aunt and I were recently in St. Lucia and went on a tour with a man named Jitan at www.jitantours.com Jitan was extremely friendly, his van was clean, his driver very knowledgeable, and they stopped many places, both for pictures and for us to sample the food! Great experience all around and at a great price.
Ontario, Canada
455 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Does Cosol tour hit a beach ? It doesnt say anything about that on the website.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fantasy 91
Carnival Inspiration 98 & 04/08
Carnival Destiny 05/05
Carnival Liberty 02-04-06
Majesty of the Seas 11/06 & 02/08
Explorer of the Seas 01-28-07
Carnival Fascination 06-17-07
Crown Princess 10-27-07
Adventure of the Seas 12-07-08
Ruby Princess 03-28-09
Serenade of the Seas 12-05-09 & 01-21-12
Carnival Glory 04-25-10
Radiance of the Seas 10-16-10
Celebrity Silhouette 02-24-13
Celebrity Summit 12-07-13
Independence of the Seas 04-20-14
Regal Princess 03-01-15
Celebrity Silhouette 02-26-17
Up next.... Royal Princess 09-30-17
Allure of the seas 04-29-18
Ocala, FL
68 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
We are just back from the Maasdam and used Frank for the third time ( 2005 and 2008 ). Contacted him by email and he confirmed promptly with price and time. We had an elderly couple with us and he was very accomodating for them. Saw all we wanted to see, had a wonderful lunch, and were back at the pier with plenty of time to shop. All for $40 a person.

Can't say enough good things about Frank and we will use him again on our next trip to St. Lucia.
Los Angeles
8 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by Ocala Cruisers
We are just back from the Maasdam and used Frank for the third time ( 2005 and 2008 ). Contacted him by email and he confirmed promptly with price and time. We had an elderly couple with us and he was very accomodating for them. Saw all we wanted to see, had a wonderful lunch, and were back at the pier with plenty of time to shop. All for $40 a person.

Can't say enough good things about Frank and we will use him again on our next trip to St. Lucia.
Does he have a website or phone number? Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nebraska
4,697 Posts
Joined May 2006
One thing to know about Cosol tour is that you're on a bus almost ALL day.
We didn't like it at all because we like to be a little more active.
We probably would have been a better fit for Spencers with the zip lines and such, but live and learn.
All of those raving about Cosol never once mention that you are on the bus most of the tour. The sights they showed were great, the beach, the volcano. But again we'd rather see less and do more, it's a good excuse to come back and try it again.
Also I wonder if your driver has a lot to do with how you enjoy the tour. I don't remember the name of ours and they didn't have an intercom on the bus (at least our driver said they didn't) I am hearing impaired (have cochlear implant) and just was so disappointed that I didn't get to hear the history of the island, because I really enjoy learning the history of the islands we visit.
I know a few people that haven't been happy at me giving an opposing view but I wish someone had done that before we wasted our entire day at St Lucia with this tour.
Carole
NC
45 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
On the Cosol tour you do go to the beach and have time to snorkel.....between the Pitons. I emailed him with a few questions and he emailed me back within hours with way more detail than I asked for! If you have specific questions, just email him. He was very nice! We booked his tour for when we are there!

Carole~I wouldn't worry about those that don't like you posting opposing views! It's not like you are bashing them.....you are just stating why you didn't like the tour. I think that only helps us make our decision. So thank you for your point of view!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
694 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by Ocala Cruisers

In response to Bunny Little's request for Frank's contact information, check out his website by googling: st lucia frank

We went on a tour with him in 2005 and enjoyed our day.

Mary
Essex UK
1,544 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Cosol gets our vote too. We have travelled the world and the trip Cosol gave us just prior to Christmas was one of the best we have ever done. And you will NOT be in the van all day, heaps to see and do, great tour.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Louis Victoria - Egypt and Israel
Ocean Village - Eastern Caribbean - March 2006
Ocean Village - Western Caribbean - January 2008
Marco Polo - December 2011
P&O Azura - Eastern Caribbean - December 2011
Thomson Dream - Mediterranean Medley - May 2012
P&O Arcadia - Norwegian Fjords & North Cape - May/June 2013
P&O Azura - Central Mediterranean - October 2013
Royal Caribbean - Brilliance of the Seas - Scandinavia and Russia - July 2014
255west 127th street apt#6e
1 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Code:
Code:
http://jitantours.com
Originally posted by claystone
My aunt and I were recently in St. Lucia and went on a tour with a man named Jitan at www.jitantours.com Jitan was extremely friendly, his van was clean, his driver very knowledgeable, and they stopped many places, both for pictures and for us to sample the food! Great experience all around and at a great price.
Yesss...My family arrange a sightseeing tour with Jitan Tours in St Lucia and we had a blast...our guide was pleasant and informative, made many stops for photos, local treats like coconut cakes, organic bananas, cassava, freshly picked coconuts and sightseeing like the Pitons, Drive-in volcano, waterfall and the famous art studio. Throughout the excursions refreshment was served including the local beers and punch. I highly recommend this tour company.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JT Edo.jpg (22.6 KB, 82 views)
Georgia
44 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
We did a tour with Spencer Ambrose, and loved it! He is the former police chief of Castries, and knows everyone. He modified our tour when we "happened" upon a rum factory at 8:45 in the morning, and convinced the owner to open the tasting room for us. We met up with some of Cosol's groups along the way, and honestly, the experiences sounded very similar. Couldn't go wrong with either one.
607 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
I am going to St Lucia with my 15 year old daughter at the end of December on Royal Caribbean. I am torn between Spencer and Cosol. I like the drive in the van with Cosol and the reviews of the food sound better with him, though I could be wrong. I do like the boat with Spencer and getting more time on the beach 2 1/2 hours versus 1 hour with Cosol. I wish there was a tour that drove one way and took the boat the other. Not sure which one I'll take. Cosol seems to get better reviews on TripAdvisor but hear more about Spencer on these boards.
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,477 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by kahliasmom
I am going to St Lucia with my 15 year old daughter at the end of December on Royal Caribbean. I am torn between Spencer and Cosol. I like the drive in the van with Cosol and the reviews of the food sound better with him, though I could be wrong. I do like the boat with Spencer and getting more time on the beach 2 1/2 hours versus 1 hour with Cosol. I wish there was a tour that drove one way and took the boat the other. Not sure which one I'll take. Cosol seems to get better reviews on TripAdvisor but hear more about Spencer on these boards.
Try Serenity TVL, Real St Lucia Tours, Franks Tours, Barefoot Holidays, etc for a combo land/sea tour.
Both Spencer and Cosol are excellent tours, you wouldn't go wrong with either.
Enjoy.
607 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by reedprincess
Try Serenity TVL, Real St Lucia Tours, Franks Tours, Barefoot Holidays, etc for a combo land/sea tour.
Both Spencer and Cosol are excellent tours, you wouldn't go wrong with either.
Enjoy.
Thanks! I'll look into them all. Still undecided!
Lake Geneva, WI
2 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
I am going to be in St Lucia the first week of December on Royal Caribbean. I am leaning towards the Cosol tour. Is one side of the bus preferable over the other?
Thanks,
John
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,477 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by Grimster
I am going to be in St Lucia the first week of December on Royal Caribbean. I am leaning towards the Cosol tour. Is one side of the bus preferable over the other?
Thanks,
John
Not really as it takes the same route down as on the return, so regardless of which side you sit in, you'll have the other side's view on return.
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,477 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by SouthCaribbean2017
Can anyone compare/contrast Jitan vs. Cosol? I've looked at the websites for both and they seem equally similar and appealing. Any major differences?
Main differences: beach time with Cosol, but not with Jitan. Full lunch meal with Jitan, while Cosol has traditional snacks and eats but not an actual full lunch (you definitely won't go hungry with Cosol). Those are essentially the main differences. The main stops, ie Morne Fortune, Marigot scenic stop, volcano, mud baths, waterfall are all the same - those are the highlights. No beach time with Jitan, no full lunch with Cosol....
1,758 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
We really aren't the type to sit in a van driving all day on private or ship tours (my stomach doesn't like it!). We would rather see fewer sites with some time to explore. Some time to move our bodies rather than sit all day. any suggestions? We have not visited this island in the past.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Viking Sea - San Juan-Amazon RT - Nov 2018
Grand Princess - SFO RT to Vancouver BC, Sept 2018

Viking Star - Bergen- Stockholm 2015
Viking Star - Barcelona-Bergen 2015
HAL Ryndam - Istanbul- Barcelona 2014
HAL Ryndam - Athens -Istanbul 2014
Viking Skadi - Amsterdam- Budapest 2013
Princess - Western Mediterranean - 2010
Princess Golden - Alaska - 2010
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,477 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by Vineyard View
We really aren't the type to sit in a van driving all day on private or ship tours (my stomach doesn't like it!). We would rather see fewer sites with some time to explore. Some time to move our bodies rather than sit all day. any suggestions? We have not visited this island in the past.
Most island tours have lots of stops along the way including time to tour the volcano, botanical gardens, swim at the waterfall, beach time, etc.
The problem, per se, is that most of the main sites are 1.15-1.5 hours from the port - hard to avoid spending time in the van if you want to see the highlights of the island. You could consider Spencer Ambrose - they have a speedboat tour down to Soufriere with van rides to the sights around there then back to boat for beach time and return to the ship. Joy's Ocean Angel, Joe Knows, Simon Says all have similar tour..or there's catamaran tours that do similar - Carnival, Endless Summer, etc..