Resort for a Day - Montego Bay

engrdad

Will be on the Carnival Breeze docked in Montego Bay on November 8th. We do not want to spend hours travelling for an excursion and were even considering staying on the ship. However, a day at the beach not far away might be a good option. Looking for recommendations and reasons on which to pick...

1) Hilton Rose Hall ($117)

2) Sunscape Splash ($80)

3) Grand Palladium ($90)

My wife and I are in our 50's but are pretty active. No kids on this trip. Oh, and noticed that Sunscape does not supply towels. Would love to get recommendations from those who have been.

I am also debating two of these All-Inclusives. I can't decide between Sunscape Splash and Grand Palladuim, but the GP looks amazing!! Hoping some cruisers will chime in with their opinions...

Happy 4th of July!!

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Grand Palladium in December of 2015. There were lots of people from all over the world staying there. It wasn't horribly busy. Swim up bar, a couple of restaurants. The restaurants were buffets, the food was fine but nothing that I'd have to have again. We skirted around the pool with drinks in our hands and laid in the sun for a lazy day.

We did a day pass at Sandals Montego Bay for $85/person, 10am to 6pm. Food was great. Not many people. You can just walk up at the resv desk. Must take a taxi to get there. Sandals Royal Carib and Ochi are the same price. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we are going back next week for a week.

• 2 weeks later...
Will be on the Carnival Breeze docked in Montego Bay on November 8th. We do not want to spend hours travelling for an excursion and were even considering staying on the ship. However, a day at the beach not far away might be a good option. Looking for recommendations and reasons on which to pick...

1) Hilton Rose Hall ($117)

2) Sunscape Splash ($80)

3) Grand Palladium ($90)

My wife and I are in our 50's but are pretty active. No kids on this trip. Oh, and noticed that Sunscape does not supply towels. Would love to get recommendations from those who have been.

I would go with a Sandals property.... check them out. Amazing food, sit down or buffet restaurant options for meals. Premium beverages, great activities, water sports.