Canada Place/Vancouver Airport Shuttle

The only remaining company that offered bookable shuttle buses (vancouver shuttle) seems to have gone belly-up (website still up but no updates since 2016, no FB updates either, landline disconnected).

There are still some hotels out by airport etc. that offer packages with a shuttle to the pier though, so someone has stepped in at least on that side of things - but might be a charter direct to specific hotel group(s). Someone who actually cruised this season out of Vancouver and tried to take an airport shuttle would need to reply to give you the definitive answer to the continued operation of a shuttle or not, but all the posts I've seen this year have been folks trying to book with the above guys and failing to do so...

Unless you're solo (unlikely since you said 'we') then frankly it wasn't much of a deal anyway - a taxi is only $5 more for a couple, and SkyTrain is vastly cheaper at no more than $4.10pp so the target audience was an ever-smaller niche of 'incapable of handling own bags or hates public transit, but too price-sensitive to take a cab' so if someone did step in this season it's not likely to last long with Uber looking likely to open for business this year.

Thank you; I found the same info about that company. My husband and I have used Aerocar, rental car, and the SkyTrain. I read that taxis are metered going FROM the port TO the airport. Is your price estimate based on flat rate or metered?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you; I found the same info about that company. My husband and I have used Aerocar, rental car, and the SkyTrain. I read that taxis are metered going FROM the port TO the airport. Is your price estimate based on flat rate or metered?

Yup, cabs are metered this direction (indeed, they're metered at all times on all routes with one exception - trips which start at YVR). However the rates are set by law, any alternate route to weasel you out of extra cash would be incredibly obvious thanks to all airport traffic heading over a single bridge that's pretty much a straight shot out of downtown, and outbound pier traffic is always against rushhour commuter traffic so post-cruise trips straight to the airport only vary much from $35 if there's an unusual situation like a crash on the bridge or you fall asleep and don't notice your driver giving you the runaround.

Actually Sky Train has a $5 YVR AddFare to leave the airport... so your one way ticket for an adult is about $9 CAD

*ahem* if you actually read the question asked, OR the follow-up question clarifying my first response, you'll see that every part of this thread is related to trips in one direction only - TO the airport...