02/11/17 Escape upgrade

goattyer65

Just received confirmation email this afternoon that our bid was accepted for this cruise. Moved from Mini-Suite up to H6 (Haven Penthouse corner balcony with Master Bedroom). Totally surprised due to less than average bid amount but an amount I was willing to spend. Terrific deal for us and should be one of our best cruises ever.

Just received confirmation email this afternoon that our bid was accepted for this cruise. Moved from Mini-Suite up to H6 (Haven Penthouse corner balcony with Master Bedroom). Totally surprised due to less than average bid amount but an amount I was willing to spend. Terrific deal for us and should be one of our best cruises ever.

can you share what the bids were? the range they gave you to bid. and what your bid was thanks

can you share what the bids were? the range they gave you to bid. and what your bid was thanks

I did not realize I was not on the same cruise. We sail Feb 4th. A little confused since we are also scheduled on the Vista on 11th. Back to back cruises on different lines. So you would receive your acceptance by next Monday if the pattern stays true.

We had already upgraded form an Ocean View Balcony to a Mini-Suite for a very small amount at initial booking. The original room was comp'd so amount paid did not seem to enter into the bid equation.

I bid below what was considered "fair" amount and bid on 4 available Haven categories. My first bids were in the "poor" range and figured I would submit a bid on what I thought was a fair value for us even if below what they considered fair on the meter.

If I was to bid max of $2000 each I would have just went ahead and booked it directly. From what I read from others, some people who bid less had their bids accepted while others (in the same cabin class) bid more and did not have theirs accepted.

I think there is more that goes into bid acceptance since they upgrade everyone down the chain at the same time with no need to wait for them to "accept" the upsell phone call. I imagine it also depends upon anyone above that accepted an upgrade also to made a higher grade cabin available.

I think that once the program really takes hold it will be hard to have a bid accepted at less than what they consider a fair price as more and more people become familiar with the program and potential savings.