MITSUGIRLYS JEWEL OF A CRUISE review and pictorial

mitsugirly

PC190014-L.jpg

PC190016-L.jpg

PC190015-L.jpg

So it was time to leave and we walked over to the parking lot down the street and around the corner from the port to get in the bus to take us to the boat dock.

PC190019-L.jpg

We were informed that the authorities had shut down the sandbar today!!! The winds were too high and the waves too high and dangerous. However, the were hoping that it might die down later and maybe we could do our excursion in reverse. I was so bummed. We had wait over a year for this day and now mother nature did not want us to do it. We did hear this rumor prior to the company telling us about it. They had cancelled all of the ship sponsored tours to the sandbar and people were forced to make different plans. The vendors on the streets trying to get you to take tours also confirmed that the sandbar was closed. Sigh...I just can't win. :(

Hi Kim,

I just re-read your review for the second time and noticed you booked this tour through Nativeway. Do you remember how much per person and if you contacted them via email? I have looked on their website but no prices.

Thanks

Kerry :)

Edited by fayfam
Changed my question :)

Hi Kim,

I just re-read your review for the second time and noticed you booked this tour through Nativeway. Do you remember how much per person and if you contacted them via email? I have looked on their website but no prices.

Thanks

Kerry :)

Hi Kerry. Yes, I booked directly with Sharon at Nativeway using email. But, this was back in 2013 so not sure how they do it now. Her email was nativway @ candw.ky. I don't remember what the original price was (because we had previously done this tour with them and it turned out terrible and we ended up on a tour with another vendor instead of them so this time around, for this particular review, it was "free" to make up for it).

• 2 weeks later...