Reflection 11/17 ports of call

michaeljc70

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am sailing on the Reflection on 11/17. Ports of call St Kitts, Barbados, St Lucia, Martinique and Antigua.

I almost never do ship excursions and usually explore on my own walking, taking taxis or public transportation (as available). I have mostly taken European cruises. I have started looking up each port (as I always do). However, there are thousands of posts under each port just on this site. My question is, which of these ports are explorable on my own and which is it advantageous to take a tour (private or Celebrity)? We have no problem walking 5-10 miles in a day and are adventurous.

Thanks

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am sailing on the Reflection on 11/17. Ports of call St Kitts, Barbados, St Lucia, Martinique and Antigua.

I almost never do ship excursions and usually explore on my own walking, taking taxis or public transportation (as available). I have mostly taken European cruises. I have started looking up each port (as I always do). However, there are thousands of posts under each port just on this site. My question is, which of these ports are explorable on my own and which is it advantageous to take a tour (private or Celebrity)? We have no problem walking 5-10 miles in a day and are adventurous.

Thanks

Fri Nov 17 Fort Lauderdale, FL Depart 4:00pm

Sat Nov 18 At Sea

Sun Nov 19 At Sea

Mon Nov 20 St. Kitts 8:00am to 5:00pm

Tue Nov 21 Barbados 10:00am to 6:00pm

Wed Nov 22 St. Lucia 7:00am to 6:00pm

Thu Nov 23 Fort-de-France, Martinique 7:00am to 6:00pm

Fri Nov 24 Antigua 7:00am to 4:00pm

Sat Nov 25 At Sea

Sun Nov 26 At Sea

Mon Nov 27 Fort Lauderdale, FL Arrive 7:00am

We snorkeled at 4 of the ports you are visiting,

we took a local bus in Barbados to a beach,

took a tour of the island with stops at a sugar mill and other spots and then kayaked though mangroves to a beach where they took us out to Cades reef on Antigua,

took a private city tour and to a beach on St Kitts

took a speed boat tour to snorkel between the Pitons on St Lucia and stopped at Marigot Bay on St Lucia, they were not ship tours

We took a ship tour to a beach on Martinique, it was awful, beach was horrible, bus ride was horrible, I am sure someone can give you a better idea of a good experience on Martinique, I know some people say it is their favorite island, we avoid itineraries that include it or just stay on the ship, when we went they only wanted to accept Euros, it was a few years ago, it actually seemed like they didn't even want tourists there.

We usually find a local bus to take us to a special spot that I find while researching an island but these particular islands didn't really seem to have that option. Dominica and Curacao are fun places to do that, we tend to be adventurous and don't mind walking for miles to find some gem of a spot off the beaten path, and we love mingling with the locals away from the port.