Thanksgiving week

scaper

My wife and I are thinking about planning a Thanksgiving week family cruise. I am looking to hear some feedback on past experiences, good or bad, of cruising during this week.

Is the ship decorated, do they serve turkey on Thanksgiving, etc.?

Thanks in advance

We were on the Legend for Thanksgiving a few years back. They do serve a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixins!! Even the pumpkin pie. I cannot remember if there were t-giving decorations or not but I do remember the staff wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH and I cruise every Thanksgiving and have for many years. Yes, turkey dinner will be served. No, it will not be just like home but there are no dishes to do. :D The turkey is good. The stuffing is not like my stuffing. I'm always too full for dessert so I don't know about the pie. Most 7 night cruises have Thursday as their 2nd formal night which happens to be Thanksgiving. This year we will be on the Breeze for an 8 night and I understand Friday is the 2nd formal night which will be better. There will be a lot of kids on the cruise if you sail Carnival. Two years ago on the Dream, there were 1500 kids. Last year on the Celebrity Reflection, there were less than 400. BIG difference. They do not typically decorate since it is an American holiday. Maybe I remember a few cardboard turkeys here and there. I always decorate our door with a Thanksgiving theme just for the fun of it. It is hard in some ways because as soon as you come home from your cruise, you have to immediately switch into Christmas mode.

NO NO NO NO NO. Don't do it if you want a Traditional Turkey Dinner. This you will not find in the Diningroom. Up in the Buffet you can get close. And no Pumpkin Pie, They called it Pumpkin something, but believe me it wasn't even close. More like Peanut Butter. And LOTS of Kids. Pools were packed. Sardine style. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but they were bouncing off the walls crazy. Running across the loungers, pushing there backs down after just being all set up. We did a B2B the following week was back to normal. It was like 2 totally different cruises. I had to ask for cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Finally he brings some mashed potatoes and pours the cranberry sauce on top. Gravy???? Oh well never mind, lol We had a fantastic cruise anyways, nothing will ruin our time. But I really missed ThanksGiving Dinner. :rolleyes:;):D

We also have done a few Thanksgiving's on ship.

DO NOT order turkey in the DR. it is LUNCHMEAT.

there IS NO TASTE what so ever. We however love the turkey at the buffet for us it is the best meal on ship.

Kids running amuck & two years ago we had three ( count them ) very cold rainy day's to boot. :eek:

At that time we said no more if the grandson can't miss a little school we just won't go.

Very expensive also.

That's my story & I'm sticken to it. :D

Char

We are a 60+- year old couple, no young kids, and all the Thanksgiving cruise(5-6)had 1/3 of the passengers kids 17 and younger. We are not pool people, so that was not a problem. One Thanksgiving cruise was the most romantic cruise ever. Another one, we renewed our wedding vows.

Love Thanksgiving cruises and recommend them for anyone.

My family has been on many Tday cruises on Carnival and we love it! There are more kids than a usual cruise but it didn't bother us, probably because we have 2 DDs (12 & 14). The Tday dinner isn't anything to get excited over but we got one plate of it to say we each had a bite of turkey on Tday. I love the Tday menu I make at home, so since we missed it on the cruise, I made it for Christmas dinner!

Have a great cruise!