Coco Cay - Barefoot Beach

mompells

The closest bar to Barefoot Beach is Coconut Willies--this is roughly where Coconut Willies Beach ends and Barefoot Beach starts--so not far from Barefoot Beach at all. Blackbeard's Grill for lunch is closer to Snorkel Beach and the tender dock and yes, there is a restroom at Barefoot Beach.

Edited by dz63

• 2 weeks later...

Info on RC website states it is a "140 acre tropical paradise". I don't know if that is 140 acres above water or if it encompasses the swim areas, snorkel areas, etc. Everything I've read is that it is very walkable. I haven't seen anyone post about golf carts, etc. being on the island. I would think not unless it was for the employees to move supplies around, etc. We are scheduled to be there in March. If your trip is later, I can post what we find there.

The closest bar to Barefoot Beach is Coconut Willies--this is roughly where Coconut Willies Beach ends and Barefoot Beach starts--so not far from Barefoot Beach at all. Blackbeard's Grill for lunch is closer to Snorkel Beach and the tender dock and yes, there is a restroom at Barefoot Beach.

I've never been to CoCo Cay, but are these beaches and bars you named part of the RCI beach or separate, independent businesses? Didn't know if I needed to bring cash or credit cards if we ventured off the property.

I've never been to CoCo Cay, but are these beaches and bars you named part of the RCI beach or separate, independent businesses? Didn't know if I needed to bring cash or credit cards if we ventured off the property.

Everything is inclusive of the one private island. No need for cash or credit card...just bring your seapass (unless you plan to make purchases from their small "straw market"--typical hats, sun dresses, flip flops, trinkets, etc.)

Everything is inclusive of the one private island. No need for cash or credit card...just bring your seapass (unless you plan to make purchases from their small "straw market"--typical hats, sun dresses, flip flops, trinkets, etc.)

Ok, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
RTR!!!! (I'm originally from Tuscaloosa, so you know I gotta stay true even though I've relocated to the land of Gators and Seminoles....and a few Cajun tigers. :)

I'm in Pensacola too! Oh and, sorry but, Go Gators :D:cool:

Looking forward to my first cruise in May and am very excited about Coco Cay.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. Please keep me posted. I would greatly appreciate it!

I will do my best to remember to post what we find on Coco Cay (assuming we are able to make the stop with cooperating weather and waves). :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea how long it would take to walk around the island completely? :-) just curious... would love to kind of see everything around there.

It depends on how many times you stop and take pictures but we walked the entire island in about an hour.

It depends on how many times you stop and take pictures but we walked the entire island in about an hour.

That's awesome! I think a couple hours maybe with stopping here and there :-) Thanks for the reply!

Someone posted on another thread about being able to rent a "Cabanette" on Barefoot Beach (a sun shelter). They don't show up on my FOS Shore Excursion options... any idea how we could reserve one? Sailing 4/19 and only see the super expensive Cabana.