NYC Hotel: need info re attractions nearby

gracecarmo

We will be staying at the Radio City Apartments in Manhattan. I would like some information about attractions that we can walk to around the area.

We have one full day in NY, and one of the ideas we had was to go and see some tapings of TV quiz shows etc.

How would we go about doing this?

We will be there on Oct.7.

Grace

Thanks to all who responded....I guess the hotel is in the center of things to see and do!

I read a review of an Irish Pub called Channel 4, and it looked good. According to the directions it is only minutes away from the hotel.

Has anyone dined there?

Grace

Grace,

I have not heard of Channel 4 restaurant/pub. I also can't find it in the Zagat Guide or on any internet listings. Do you have a link to where you saw it?

If there's a specific cuisine, ambiance or price range you're looking for, I'd be happy to make some recommendations.

Jane

Jane: I did a google search for NY Irish Bars/Restaurants and this restaurant came up.

It is at 58 W 48th St, between 5th and 6th Ave.

http://www.murphguide.com or http://www.newyork.citysearch.com. The picture on web site looked interesting.

We really do not want an upscale eatery, as we will be dining elegantly on the QM2 the following 6 days....just some good pub grub will do us just fine!

I am wondering if we need reservations?

Thanks for responding...

Grace

Grace,

Most pubs do not takes resy's.

I saw your Channel 4 from the websites you listed. If it looks good to you, by all means give it a whirl. However, because of the neighborhood, my guess is that it's filled mostly with either tourists or has a crowded, loud, yuppie after-work crowd.

Another choice could be Neary's Pub on 57th St. & 1st Ave. (358 E. 57th Street) You can walk there from your hotel or take the crosstown bus to 1st Ave on either 50th St. or 57th Street. That neighborhood, being residential, would attract a more regular crowd of locals.

Just a suggestion........

Jane

try nbc.com and see what is being taped that day. Rockefeller Center won't be far away. You could go to the morning taping of the Today Show and maybe be interviewed by the weather guy or they may have a singer performing or something.

Archived