Carnival Glory New England and Canada 10/8/11

crisperjr

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing your video with us here on Cruise Critic. We liked it so much, we're featuring it on our homepage!

Crisperjr has won a Cruise Critic T-shirt; share your videos in this forum and you could win too!

Laura

Thanks for sharing your video with us here on Cruise Critic. We liked it so much, we're featuring it on our homepage!

Crisperjr has won a Cruise Critic T-shirt; share your videos in this forum and you could win too!

Laura

Well, how cool is that! Thanks!

P.S. hope you have XXL shirts :)

Oliver

Wonderful video! Hope CC sends two tee shirts for your efforts. Helped me relive my 2008 Celebrity Constellation 14-night cruise to NE and Canada. Loved hearing again the greeting and send off of the bagpipes (and drummer).

Wonderful video! Hope CC sends two tee shirts for your efforts. Helped me relive my 2008 Celebrity Constellation 14-night cruise to NE and Canada. Loved hearing again the greeting and send off of the bagpipes (and drummer).

Thanks!

Oliver

Nice video. We sailed Carnival Triumph a couple years ago out of NY and had a wonderful trip. Loved Amazing Grace as we left the port...I hope they know how much everyone loves it and appreciates their efforts!! In St John we wandered into a little bar/restaurant and had the greatest blueberry beer. The beer was ice cold and there were frozen blueberries in the beer. It was terrific, I just wish I could remember the name of the beer! Thanks again for a great video...thanks for the memories!

Nice video. We sailed Carnival Triumph a couple years ago out of NY and had a wonderful trip. Loved Amazing Grace as we left the port...I hope they know how much everyone loves it and appreciates their efforts!! In St John we wandered into a little bar/restaurant and had the greatest blueberry beer. The beer was ice cold and there were frozen blueberries in the beer. It was terrific, I just wish I could remember the name of the beer! Thanks again for a great video...thanks for the memories!

Blueberry Beer! I'd like to try that. If you ever recall that bar, let me know!

Oliver

• 3 weeks later...
We did this same cruise on RCL Explorer last fall WOW What an awesome video wish we would have this on film, great job and the CCL ship looks nice also!:D

I've sailed Explorer of the Seas (to Bermuda) what a fantastic ship. Would love to take a NE trip on that ship. The only drawback is that we sail with at least one other couple (sometimes more) and we like to have our balcony dividers opened between cabins. Can't do that on Explorer.

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cruiserjr!

I too enjoyed your video and reading about your trip. We are going on the Glory in Sept. 2012 to Canada/NE also and I was curious if you could tell me more about renting a car in Halifax? Can you do with American money and an American drivers license? What was the company you used again? I appreciate any info you can give me. The ships excursions keep going up and I thought about doing this instead.

Thanks much and happy crusin'!!!

Blueflower

Hi Cruiserjr!

I too enjoyed your video and reading about your trip. We are going on the Glory in Sept. 2012 to Canada/NE also and I was curious if you could tell me more about renting a car in Halifax? Can you do with American money and an American drivers license? What was the company you used again? I appreciate any info you can give me. The ships excursions keep going up and I thought about doing this instead.

Thanks much and happy crusin'!!!

Blueflower

I rented a car from Avis, and they took my American credit card, as well as my US Drivers license.

I had reserved a car about 6 months in advance, and also contacted the Avis rental place in Halifax:

1717 Grafton Street

Halifax, NS, B3J 2C6 , CA

(1) 902-492-2847

I called them right after we tied up in Halifax, and they picked us up at a small Pub about a block from the ship. Took them about 45 min to get to us (there was another ship in port too)

We used the car for about 7 hours. Filled it up before we returned it. (Used my US credit card at a regular gas station -- no problem)

Then they returned us to the ship.

Hope this helps!

Oliver

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the video. We've sailed New England/Canada 4 times, mostly on NCL's Dawn when her home was New York City. Now we are thinking about taking Carnival in September. Since we've never sailed on Carnival, this was a nice look at the ship and also gives us some idea of how useful a balcony will be in late September. I think it would work out very well, especially with blankies for the chairs.:):):)

Thank you so much for the video. We've sailed New England/Canada 4 times, mostly on NCL's Dawn when her home was New York City. Now we are thinking about taking Carnival in September. Since we've never sailed on Carnival, this was a nice look at the ship and also gives us some idea of how useful a balcony will be in late September. I think it would work out very well, especially with blankies for the chairs.:):):)

I'd love to do this trip again. It was a fantastic trip. One that we had not planned for. It was one of those, "well why don't we try Canada..."

Glad you liked the video!

Oliver

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived