reef riders Antigua v Eli extreme circumnavigation

fileygirl

My husband and I are planning our first cruise and need help choosing a port excursion in Antigua.I am torn between Eli's xtreme circumnavigation tour vs reef riders antigua. Both look fast paced and both include a bit of snorkeling, i think eli's you would get to see more of the island and plus stingrays, which we have done before but in tahiti, but reef riders goes to cades reef which is supposed to better snorkeling. I will love to hear your comments!

We did this (Reef Riders) back in 2013 but I’m not sure if it’s the same company - it was called Antigua Blue Boats back then. Anyway, the details are exactly the same. It was great fun and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The only downside was that it was too choppy to snorkel properly.

You have to factor in the cost of a return taxi to Jolly Harbour.

we did the reef riders in 10/2016 and it was a lot of fun. And yes, the snorkeling is very good at cades bay reef. It's a lot cheaper than Elis but less time. We were staying on the island at the time and had rented a car so we had no problem getting over there. We went around 2pm and it was only us BUT there were no cruise ships in that day. We also did Eli's and honestly, we liked the reef riders better *(probably because it was just us and the guide as opposed to a lot of other people). It depends what you want to do that day. We had done the ziplining in the am, had lunch, then did the reef riders.

Snorkeling wise as to which was better, it was a toss up between the pillars of Hercules which is a little rough to snorkel in and cades which I didn't think was bad the day we went out. But remember you really are only at the pillars for at least 15m to 20m whereas you are at cades for longer.