dress on cruisetour

travelax

We will be taking a Princess Cruisetour that includes Ayers Rock, Great Barrier Reef and Sidney and Melbourne. Was wondering what the dress is in the major cities during the day and evening since it is summer time.Are shorts or jeans appropriate during the day and are jackets required for restaurants in the evening? I understand that Ayers Rock and Great Barrier Reef is all casual.

David and Judy;) ;) ;)

I think you will find that australia is very casual and laidback.

as you so rightly said ayres rock and Great barrier reef is very casual. I think you could get away with almost anything there.There are some upmarket restaurants where you could be a bit dressier but still no tie or jacket. Those places are very hot and humid!

Major capital cites you will be fine in shorts or jeans (not jeans in summer though)

We have a very multicultural society and see all sorts of dress.

I say just dress for comfort. jackets here only required for more upmarket restaurants too.

What time of year are you planning on visiting?

any other questions let me know

David,

If you are visiting here in summer, jeans will be far too hot. In Melbourne, not so many people walk around in shorts during the day. We mainly wear casual pants and tops.

At night the men usually wear a good casual shirt with nice pants out to a meal and often wear a jacket. My husband usually wears a jacket over his shirt when we are eating out. Melbourne is more dressy than the other cities mentioned in your post.

Jennie

Archived