Questions about Six Flags...

4mycats

We will be in NO on June 17th, a few days before our cruise. We took this same cruise last summer (Conquest) & loved it & NO (our favorite city!) We thought we would try the Six Flags park this year on one of our pre-cruise days. Is it worth it? How far, via taxi ride, is it from the French Quarter (in aprox. time...half hour or more/less?) Also, how much should we pay for 3 people for the taxi ride? What are the parks hours & is it easy to get a cab back to the French Quarter at the end of the day?

Thanks to anyone for any help & advice!

Judy, Hi! I was hoping somebody would know the answer to this as my boys might be interested in going there too. Anyway, if you don't get a reply here, try posting it on our roll call. We now have somebody from New Orleans going, and he'll probably be able to help you.

I asked a client who used to be a cab driver. He estimated about $25 each way. My kids have been there, and liked it a lot. I'm afraid of heights, so it isn't my cup of tea. I know that they have added more shady areas over the last year or so because of the NO heat.

it would be a 25 to 30 minute ride from the french quarter. It is on the outskirts of new orleans going toward Slidell. I am from New Orleans and have never been but my son has and liked it. I am more into the Disney type family ride not the spill your guts thrill seeker ride. It does get hot out there too.

richelle

Hi cali-croozer! It is getting close....week after next & we will all meet on the ship! Are you packing yet? I have everything piled in my home office ready to be packed. The suitcases are still in the garage rafters. Will have to get them down next weekend.

Thanks to rhecker & jgmpuma for the great info. I really appreciate it. It looks as though this is doable so we will go over & check it out. I too am a Disneyland sort of person but the teen daughter & my rollercoaster crazy sister have me talked into this park. I told them I will take pictures...of their white faces as they exit Batman, the Ride, etc, etc!LOL

Thanks again!

Hi cali-croozer! It is getting close....week after next & we will all meet on the ship! Are you packing yet? I have everything piled in my home office ready to be packed. The suitcases are still in the garage rafters. Will have to get them down next weekend.

Hi there! No, I'm not packed, but I do have my lists pretty much done and have been collecting things (clothes, toiletries...........) and they're in various piles/places. I've got to get the suits and shirts to the dry cleaners....they need to be freshened up.:) I've been having the boys try on clothes to make sure they still fit ("oh mom, they fit!"----until we try them on:rolleyes: !). They are growing like weeds. Haven't decided about Six Flags yet, but it's nice to have the details.

Archived