Anyone been on the Pacific Sky Asia cruises?

saraheg77

Sarah, we leave on the 25 March, so will be interested in hearing what you have to say about it and what the tours are like.

This is our 3rd cruise on the Sky and on each previous cruise we've had an absolute ball. We've cruised to Vanuatu, Loyalty Islands and New Caledonia.

The Sky is not called the "party" ship for nothing that's for sure.

We're in our 40's and loved every partying minute of it.

Kerri

Sarah, we leave on the 25 March, so will be interested in hearing what you have to say about it and what the tours are like.

This is our 3rd cruise on the Sky and on each previous cruise we've had an absolute ball. We've cruised to Vanuatu, Loyalty Islands and New Caledonia.

Kerri

Kerri

Sarah are you staying in Singapore before or after your cruise?

Kerri

Bloody hell, sorry about all the repeats, stupid computer wasn't doing anything, thorght it had crashed.. Sorry!!

Hi Kerri,

No problem. Most of us have had a duplicate post at some stage especially when the page is really busy and slow. Don't forget that until another person posts on the thread you can actually edit your posts, no matter how many of them. Just click on the edit button in the right hand bottom of the post and delete the text. You'll notice some other people will replace the text with duplicate post etc. That way it shortens the message and means people don't waste time reading duplicate posts thinking they have gone mad!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Hi cruiselover96 - good to hear that the Sky has done well for you in the past :) I will definitely give a report after our trip! I am interested in the excursions and wish I could find a list. I have traveled on Carnival and Norwegian lines before and they seemed to have a lot more info posted on line and such... but I guess P&O is smaller and also with it being the first Asia cruise! I am so excited - I pulled out all my summer clothes and was going through them deciding if they were 'cruise worthy' ha! Were they excursions on your previous cruises a good price and organized? I have taken some cruise excursions but have also booked some separately online through other tour operators.

Sarah :)

Hi cruiselover96 - good to hear that the Sky has done well for you in the past :) I will definitely give a report after our trip! I am interested in the excursions and wish I could find a list. I have traveled on Carnival and Norwegian lines before and they seemed to have a lot more info posted on line and such... but I guess P&O is smaller and also with it being the first Asia cruise! I am so excited - I pulled out all my summer clothes and was going through them deciding if they were 'cruise worthy' ha! Were they excursions on your previous cruises a good price and organized? I have taken some cruise excursions but have also booked some separately online through other tour operators.

Sarah :)

Hi Sara, Past shore tours have been excellent.:) I was reading the PO brochure last night on Asia and in some of the Island descriptions on the Asian page says a little about what you can expect (pg 68). Maybe as it gets a bit closer PO might advertise a bit more on their site about what can be done on shore tours. :confused:

When my travel documents come in I think I'll just collect the Shore Tour booklet (leave the rest with the TA until were ready to go) and check out what tours they are offering.

I've even thought of collecting some travel brochures to see what they recommend on the islands for sightseeing tips.

We're also so excited and counting down the days. It'll be here before you know it and then you'll be looking back on some fond memories. (it's over all too fast isn't it.!!!)

Are you staying in Singapore before or after cruise?

Kerri

Kerri,

Great to hear that shores tours have been excellent! I don't have one of those brochures, but I guess I will be getting info with my travel documents.

I will probably do a bit of research on my favorite travel site, virtualtourist.com

Yes, after all the anticipation, they are over way too fast, but oh so much fun during! :D

We haven't booked the flights for sure, but want to go a day early and stay a day late to see a little bit of Singapore.

YEA! Sarah :D

Kerri - our Nile cruise was definitely worth it! We got such a cheap deal from the US using friendlyplanet.com! And I had always wanted to visit Egypt - it was fascinating! :) It was just like a 3-day cruise part of a bigger 9 day vacation package.

We are booked for B2B 30th September next year on Sky for 14 nights east and west coast.

We have been on the Sky 4 times previously around the islands and have had a ball each time. The kids love it (good holiday for us we never see them)

My husband and I went on the Sapphire Princess in March this year from Sydney to Bangkok. This was a much bigger ship than the Sky and we had very calm waters the whole way. I dont know whether this was because it was such a big ship or not. The waters when sailing from Singapore to KL and then to Bangkok seemed very smooth.

Be aware if you are going to KL, when the ship comes into Port Kelang there was a very bad smell - like rubber burning. Whether this is all the time I don't know.

We also booked this on the deal that the newspaper was advertising, we thought it was a good trip and the fact that it fits perfectly for the kids school holidays as when we return our son sits his HSC.

Will be interested to see how others went on these cruises in Asia. Our TA told us last week that Pacific Sky Asia cruises are completely booked out.

Archived