Pacific Dawn - Island Smiles - 20 July 2008

- aNt -

Hey all,

Just wondering who has booked this trip?

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/w821-south-pacific.cfm

I booked it 2 days ago staying in an outside cabin with balcony. This will be my first cruise, can't wait!

Cheers.

Hi aNt,

Welcome to the forum.

There is a roll call section where passengers sharing a cruise can chat & share onboard plans. Isn't one started for your cruise yet, so you can start one here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=388

Hey all,

Just wondering who has booked this trip?

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/w821-south-pacific.cfm

I booked it 2 days ago staying in an outside cabin with balcony. This will be my first cruise, can't wait!

Cheers.

You have spoilt youself for your first cruise! Once you have had a balcony its hard to go back:D

Den

myself ,my wife and two kids are going on p/d for the island smiles cruise .I cant wait ,it has been ten years since my last cruise ,this should be very different as we never had kids on previous cruises .Last cruise was the 2nd last trip for the Fairstar before she went to the great scrap yard in the sky .ive only been on cc for a couple of weeks and its great to read peoples opinions about the p/d.

see ya in July

orcades 1971

canberra 1971

centaur 1975

all as a kid

fairstar feb 1990

fairstar sept 1990

fairstar april 1992

fairstar jan 1997

See ya then!

I'm looking to find the best beaches on this cruise at at least one of the ports (i.e. pristine water with white sandy beaches). If these aren't at the port of call any idea if there are some not too far away?

I've hard Isle of Pines has some of the best beaches in the world but unfortunately we aren't stopping there.

Cheers.

Dravuni island is awesome for the beach and Mystery Island is also quite nice ,when in Noumea there is a shore which takes you to Amedee Island which is beautiful but it is an all day tour . This cruise was originally going to Champagne Bay but P&O changed this for Mystery Island for so called operational reasons ,shamne because its probably the best of them all in my experience .We will also going to Savu Savu which I think has nice beaches . Port Vila has nice beaches irf you know where to go but theres plenty more to look at there besides beaches.

Dravuni island is awesome for the beach and Mystery Island is also quite nice ,when in Noumea there is a shore which takes you to Amedee Island which is beautiful but it is an all day tour . This cruise was originally going to Champagne Bay but P&O changed this for Mystery Island for so called operational reasons ,shamne because its probably the best of them all in my experience .We will also going to Savu Savu which I think has nice beaches . Port Vila has nice beaches irf you know where to go but theres plenty more to look at there besides beaches.

Thanks I appreciate that. I'll have to dig a bit more to find the exact places but at least its a start ;).

Also, sorry for the typos above I was in a rush at work :D.

I just checked the cruise personaliser and it says we're not stopping at Savu Savu anymore! Wonder why :|.

I just checked our cruise personaliser too and ours doesn't have Savu Savu on there either:confused:

Karen

I just checked our cruise personaliser too and ours doesn't have Savu Savu on there either:confused:

Karen

Hi guys

When our cruise personaliser stopped showing Savu Savu a few months ago (for our cruise) I contacted P&O - the response I got was because it was part of Fiji - so they hadn't included it as a separate port after Suva ..... (yep - I was worried that we weren't going to Savu Savu and spending two days in Suva:eek:).

Anyway - I accepted their response ... received our tickets yesterday and Savu Savu is definately showing on there! So I would think your situation is similar to ours? Perhaps if you're concerned an email to P&O may get the response you need?:D

Hi guys

When our cruise personaliser stopped showing Savu Savu a few months ago (for our cruise) I contacted P&O - the response I got was because it was part of Fiji - so they hadn't included it as a separate port after Suva ..... (yep - I was worried that we weren't going to Savu Savu and spending two days in Suva:eek:).

Anyway - I accepted their response ... received our tickets yesterday and Savu Savu is definately showing on there! So I would think your situation is similar to ours? Perhaps if you're concerned an email to P&O may get the response you need?:D

Mmmm:confused: Dravun Island is also a part of Fiji & that's on there. I'm not really concerned & I only had a look yesterday because aNt had mentioneds it. I must admit though, like you, when I looked I was also concerned we'd be spending 2 days in Suva instead:eek:

Karen

Mmmm:confused: Dravun Island is also a part of Fiji & that's on there. I'm not really concerned & I only had a look yesterday because aNt had mentioneds it. I must admit though, like you, when I looked I was also concerned we'd be spending 2 days in Suva instead:eek:

Karen

Give P&O a call or an email Karen so you can solve the mystery!:D

Archived