Group of 10 - Only one will scuba. Where??

mringenoldus

I am trying to find a place on the West End where my adult son can scuba while the rest of us can have a beach day. So far it appears Bananarama or the Mayan Princess may work.

I was considering the Banarama $50 day pass which includes a short island tour, zip line, entrance to monkey park, beach chair, welcome drink, and use of facilities for those of us not diving.

I would appreciate any input - it's important to me that my family enjoy the day.

Thanks! Maureen

We are on the Liberty of the Seas January 14 sailing. I found the following info:

Roatan - Bananarama in the West End has a beach day pass and dive tours on site

Costa Maya - YaYa Beach has day passes and Doctor Dive is on the property

Cozumel - Chankanaab Park has a beach and other attractions including scuba

Hope that helps!

I am trying to find a place on the West End where my adult son can scuba while the rest of us can have a beach day. So far it appears Bananarama or the Mayan Princess may work.

I was considering the Banarama $50 day pass which includes a short island tour, zip line, entrance to monkey park, beach chair, welcome drink, and use of facilities for those of us not diving.

I would appreciate any input - it's important to me that my family enjoy the day.

Thanks! Maureen

Either of these would work. Both have very reputable dive operations and are actually very close to each other. Actually might be side by side. The beach is always very busy on cruise days so expect it to be crowded. IMHO Bananrama would be my choice. Usually pretty lively there and they have a fun bar right on the beach. Food is good. Mayan Princess has a nice pool if that is of interest to you, however most people hang out in the ocean as it's beautiful.