Which MSC ship did you especially like

ljones

I've only been on the Opera and liked it better than any other ship I've been on including Celebrity ships and the Queen Mary 2. I liked its smaller size, its cleanliness, its use of public areas to create a spacious feel, and its use of glass to bring the outside in. The cabins were small but had more-than-enough storage and closet space. The outside eating space between the enclosed buffet and the pool area was a great idea and offered more outside space.

All in all, it's a beautiful ship and I wouldn't hesitate to go on her again.

darmand you have every right to your own opinions, as others do to their's. But it get somewhat tedious that on a particular board for one cruiseline you constantly bash one of their ships, and praise another line. Cruises ex Brazil, marketed primarily to the Brazilians, do have something of a reputation for boisterous behaviour, and are not typical of the ships' sailings elsewhere in the world. Costa Victoria has also had pretty rum reviews of late, ex Brazil. I am not allowed to quote, but teenagers breaking into lockers, spraying paint, running down hallways late at night screaming, drinking smuggled booze, language problems.. were all mentioned, seems no different, and I am sure this was as untypical as your cruise on Armonia. I only hope my cruise on Westerdam was as untypical of her normal cruises too.

Back to the subject... out of the 3 I have sailed Lirica was by far the nicest. Beautiful decor and elegant surrounds. Armonia is a Festival refugee and her interior/exterior fixtures & fittings, soft furnishings etc are not of the standard/quality of Lirica, although the layout is similar, they are not identical. Melody, I also loved, but as an older 'classic'. She's in tip top condition, but without all the mod cons of newer ships, & many prefer bigger newer vessels. From comments and photos of others, I think perhaps Opera is as nice or better than Lirica.. one day I might get to know.

I had my first MSC experience on the Opera this past February. I really enjoyed the size of the ship, its design & varied public rooms. The cabins are smaller than HAL but well thought out - except for the small shower.

The ship was immaculate - if MSC can tighten up the operation of the hotel side it will surpass any Carnivore or RCCl brand.

I see that they are building larger ships - I'lll try the Lirica next year.

Archived