Combining RC Visa Rewards

akf84

Sorry, but I could not find a cut and dry answer to my question. I'm hoping some of you may have first hand knowledge of this! I have a little over 100,000 RC Visa points at the moment. We are cruising Oceanview on the Freedom in November 2013. It looks as though the best option is to use 75,000 points for the companion fare.

Question is... can I use the remaining 25,000 points for OBC on the same cruise? And what if I earn another 5,000 or 10,000 points? Can I later add those on to the same sailing as well?

Is there a limit to how many rewards can be used for one cabin? Any advice is appreciated! This is my first time sailing on RC! Very excited!

Sorry, but I could not find a cut and dry answer to my question. I'm hoping some of you may have first hand knowledge of this! I have a little over 100,000 RC Visa points at the moment. We are cruising Oceanview on the Freedom in November 2013. It looks as though the best option is to use 75,000 points for the companion fare.

Question is... can I use the remaining 25,000 points for OBC on the same cruise? And what if I earn another 5,000 or 10,000 points? Can I later add those on to the same sailing as well?

Is there a limit to how many rewards can be used for one cabin? Any advice is appreciated! This is my first time sailing on RC! Very excited!

I don't believe there is a limit on how many Visa points OBC redeptions are used on the same cruise.

I wouldnt call it combining points, I think most would have thought you meant RC points from one account with RC points from another.

Anyways, yes you can get the companion cruise, OBC, etc.

I have done a companion fare, 1 OBC credit from my points and 1 OBC from my parents leftover.

My next cruise I am doing the free cruise, 1 OBC and then most likely a last second OBC from remaining points I expect to hit.

Yes, you can use as many points as you wish, in any possible combination, on any cruise - fare reduction, companion fare, OBC, whatever.

If my math is correct, I found that I could get a better "deal" using fare reduction that the free companion fare. A few more points will be used, but my discount is greater.

Archived