Celebrity Infinity or HAL Neuiw Amsterdam to Alaska with 10 year old boy?

Karlzmom

The title says it all. We are currently book on the Infinity, but could switch based on the kid's programming. DS is an only child and loves to be around other kids but also enjoys one:one attention.

Our only cruising experience has been Disney, and we know neither will be the same, we just want to make sure he has a great time too. I greatly appreciate ANY input you might be able to offer.....

Thanks in advance.

Celebrity Infinity will be way more fun for a 10 year old. The Fun Factory youth program is really great. The ship itself my son (at age 12) described as being the perfect mix of fun and relaxing.

Food on Celebrity is better than Holland IMO. Infinity has Bistro on Five,which was one of our favorite places, Qsine is fun and whimsical for kids- try it sometime.

We did Infinity to Alaska and it was great.

Holland America will have families on summer cruises, but the ships are dull in my opinion and tend to be very quiet with few activities.

• 3 weeks later...

we have done both . The kids club is good on both . Make sure you do the train ride . also in juno one of the best thing we did was go up the tram , behind the building on top of the mountain are walking trails with the best views . Are girls loved the hike .

We've sailed both Celebrity and HAL with our kids. Although we prefer HAL, we liked the crew and officers on Celebrity better. They were out and about, mingling with passengers, captain was playing soccer one day vs. cruise directors team. We found the kids club to be a bit more out there too. They brought my son (and others) up on stage one night for a bit of fun.

We did HAL in Alaska and really enjoyed it - at 8, daughter found the kids club OK.

We have done 2 Celebrity cruises in the Caribbean - she loved the kids club on one and didn't care for it on the other.

But she vastly prefers any of them to the Disney club......

I think either is a good choice.

We did whale watching in Juneau and musher camp in Skagway - loved them both!