Crystal Blue Beach Vila and Amedee noumea?

Looking at doing these tours?

how long does it take to go to crystal blue beach?

Is it nice for snoekeling and can we get there on our own?

The shore tour is $55 Aussie

The Amedee Island tour off Noumea is $179 Aussie-

Anyone done it?

What about doing Crystal Blue Beach in morning and Cascade waterfalls in afternoon at 3 pm

Or would we have time in afternoon to look around Vila ourselves after having lunch on the ship

PS i don't like rushing on holiday

We haven't done it, but people go to Irririki Resort to snorkel. I understand that they now charge A$20 pp, but you can spend that on food/drinks. Another option for snorkelling is Hideaway Island but I do not know if there is a charge. Hideaway is on the way to Mele Cascades. The Cascades are fantastic, but to arrive at 3pm would not give you enough time. The Cascades are 12km from the centre of Vila, and it is a 20 minute walk to the falls. Allow at least half an hour for a swim, then the time to get back. In my opinion, the Mele Cascades is a unique experience, whereas you can snorkel in many different places. Leave time to shop, go to the markets near the main street and the markets on the wharf (leave these until last so you are beside the ship ready to board).

I have not been to Amedee Island, but I have heard that it is great. On our next visit we are going to get a day pass on the Noumea Explorer bus (1000 francs = A$13.50) and do the 'circuit' getting off at the Aquarium, the Zoo/botanical gardens and the Tjibaou Cultural Centre.:):)

We did 'Amadee Island' last year - would thoroughly recommend it! If this is your first vist to Noumea it won't give you any spare time as the trip is a full day. Lunch was great (plenty to eat) with complimentary wine and really good entertainment.

One 'must' is to climb to the top of the lighthouse - it's only 247 steps! The view from the top out over the reef and back towards Noumea is quite spectacular.

Don't forget to take plenty of water although there is a shop on the island.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Roy

We did 'Amadee Island' last year - would thoroughly recommend it! If this is your first vist to Noumea it won't give you any spare time as the trip is a full day. Lunch was great (plenty to eat) with complimentary wine and really good entertainment.

One 'must' is to climb to the top of the lighthouse - it's only 247 steps! The view from the top out over the reef and back towards Noumea is quite spectacular.

Don't forget to take plenty of water although there is a shop on the island.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Roy

We are going to book Amedee Island tour for September. In the new P&O Shore tour book it says that "activites available on the island at your own cost include glass bottom boat, shark feeding etc...)

Can you give us an idea of what the cost of these are??

Cheers

Kym

When we did our 'Amadee Island' tour last year the shark feeding and glass bottom boat trips were included in the tour cost.

I have a copy of P & O's 'Island Discoveries' shore tours brochure dated Dec 07 and it makes no mention of additonal costs.

Suggest you email P & O and seek verification that these optional extras are free.

Enjoy your day at 'Amadee'.

CFheers,

Roy

When we did our 'Amadee Island' tour last year the shark feeding and glass bottom boat trips were included in the tour cost.

I have a copy of P & O's 'Island Discoveries' shore tours brochure dated Dec 07 and it makes no mention of additonal costs.

Suggest you email P & O and seek verification that these optional extras are free.

Enjoy your day at 'Amadee'.

CFheers,

Roy

Thanks Roy! We compared the two books, the one you refer to, and the one we got with the tickets (the new improved version) and we noticed that difference too.

Perhaps P&O are just covering themselves for people who think they'll get absolutely everything for "free" on the cruises and shore tours.. ie more specifying of the ''included" and "not included" things.

We know someone who's doing the tour in August, so we'll ask them and see if the situation has changed any since you went.

well I faxed thru to aussie our shore tour choices-

Do they confirm your choices so you know they got them OKAY??:confused:

No, you won't know until you board and find your tickets waiting for you in the cabin, whether or not you've got what you chose.

Kym

I went on the Amedee tour earlier this year.

The glass bottom boat ride was nice, saw heaps of colourful fish and big clams.

The shark feeding was okay,though we didn't really see many sharks.

The tour is an all day tour.I think the tour could easily have been done in half a day. The day seemed a bit long.

Cheers girl05.

I went on the Amedee tour earlier this year.

The glass bottom boat ride was nice, saw heaps of colourful fish and big clams.

The shark feeding was okay,though we didn't really see many sharks.

The tour is an all day tour.I think the tour could easily have been done in half a day. The day seemed a bit long.

Cheers girl05.

We'll be happy just to swim and relax on the beach to fill in the time. We won't get much of a chance do that at the other ports on this cruise, as the only other 'quiet' stop is Dravuni. At all the other places we'll be busy with tours and sightseeing.

Kym

Archived