Island Princess land excursion question

carolh1221

We are doing a cruisetour with a night at the princess lodge in Denali and one in McKinley. Part of that is a train ride which states that there is only storage for luggage underneath your seat. Are other arrangements made for our luggage or is there storage underneath the train (like on a tour bus) Just wondering (my husband says its not wondering I am doing, but worrying!) if other arrangements have to be made by us or will our luggage be with us on the train? :confused:

We are doing a cruisetour with a night at the princess lodge in Denali and one in McKinley. Part of that is a train ride which states that there is only storage for luggage underneath your seat. Are other arrangements made for our luggage or is there storage underneath the train (like on a tour bus) Just wondering (my husband says its not wondering I am doing, but worrying!) if other arrangements have to be made by us or will our luggage be with us on the train? :confused:

Take only a small bag that will fit under your seat on the train. Your luggage will be transferred separately to your next destination. You will be asked to have your luggage ready to go and by your lodge door by a certain time. Princess employees will collect it and load it on what ever form of transportation they are using to get it to your next destination----could be a truck, train, or bus.

On our last land tour, our luggage was to be left inside our lodge room door. It was picked up while we were at breakfast and loaded on trucks. It was delivered to our room at the next lodge. It worked great and took all the hassle out of traveling. Princess has it down pat

Like nukesubsailor says it is hassle free. We did 6 days on land before our southbound cruise and never had the slightest problem with luggage. On the train we only carried the small bags with essentials and the things one should never put into checked luggage anyway - meds, jewelry, etc.

Don't stress over the luggage. There is no need to do so.

Thank you so much! I guess I just worry about too much stuff! I do need a vacation! It can't cone soon enough!!

Take only a small bag that will fit under your seat on the train. Your luggage will be transferred separately to your next destination. You will be asked to have your luggage ready to go and by your lodge door by a certain time. Princess employees will collect it and load it on what ever form of transportation they are using to get it to your next destination----could be a truck, train, or bus.

On our last land tour, our luggage was to be left inside our lodge room door. It was picked up while we were at breakfast and loaded on trucks. It was delivered to our room at the next lodge. It worked great and took all the hassle out of traveling. Princess has it down pat