Seeking Breakaway Baltic cruise terminal info

sparkey25

Hi

First time cruiser here and enjoying reading Rick Steve's travel guides as suggested by cruise critic members.

Just spent over 30 minutes waiting on NCL excursion phone line to find out rep unwilling to answer my simple questions.

I am trying to find out the name of the cruise terminal/pier that Breakaway docks in Copenhagen and Helsinki so I can better plan my trip into these towns using Rick's guide. Anyone who just returned please advise. Also does the Breakaway have a cheap shuttle bus option into town (not looking for free ) Have booked with Alla for St.Petersburg and Stockholm(Nynashamn)

The Breakaway will embark at Oceankaj. It is a bit of a pain to get to. We used the bus.

In Helsinki, I can't recall the name, but the cruise terminal is a little way outside the city centre. It is walkable, but we used the hop on hop off bus, which then gave transport around the city as well. It would be a fairly short taxi journey to the centre.

The cruise terminal in Copenhagen is called Oceankaj. I do not know what the one in Helsinki is called. NCL charges $15pp for a shuttle into the city of Copenhagen from the port and $25pp for a shuttle to the airport.

Hi

First time cruiser here and enjoying reading Rick Steve's travel guides as suggested by cruise critic members.

Just spent over 30 minutes waiting on NCL excursion phone line to find out rep unwilling to answer my simple questions.

I am trying to find out the name of the cruise terminal/pier that Breakaway docks in Copenhagen and Helsinki so I can better plan my trip into these towns using Rick's guide. Anyone who just returned please advise. Also does the Breakaway have a cheap shuttle bus option into town (not looking for free ) Have booked with Alla for St.Petersburg and Stockholm(Nynashamn)

Hi!

We used a taxi to get to the cruise terminal in Copenhagen. It was very easy. Get off was just as easy if you're taking a taxi again. There is a line and someone will get you in a taxi.

For Helsinki I used this link:

https://www.portofhelsinki.fi/en/passengers/international-cruise-ships

Found out where we were docking, which was LMA, which was the furthest out. I then used these directions to get in to town:

LMA – our berth

Walking distance to Market Square: 3.5 km

Public transport: Tram 7 from West Terminal about 400 meters from the berth. There has been a green line on the ground from the berth to the tram stop.

First, off the boat to the Tram. Follow the green line. Disclaimer though, there is construction going on so the line ends but by then it’s obvious where the tram is..

There should be a ticket machine at the tram stop closest to LMA.

Also, there is a HOHO bus at the boat if you want that.

Just off the Breakaway. We used public transportation to and from the boat. It worked fine for us, but we did not have huge suitcases. If you can manage your own bags, bus 25 goes right to the port. Depending upon where you are staying in Copenhagen, you will likely need to take another bus or the metro and transfer to the 25. To head back to the airport from the ship, the ticket kiosk is just across the street from the terminal. There is an information booth there. Short walk to the bus stop. You will transfer to the Metro from the end of the bus route. Ask the driver. The metro station is across the street. Look for the red M. M1 or M2 ends at the airport.

Just off the Breakaway. We used public transportation to and from the boat. It worked fine for us, but we did not have huge suitcases. If you can manage your own bags, bus 25 goes right to the port. Depending upon where you are staying in Copenhagen, you will likely need to take another bus or the metro and transfer to the 25. To head back to the airport from the ship, the ticket kiosk is just across the street from the terminal. There is an information booth there. Short walk to the bus stop. You will transfer to the Metro from the end of the bus route. Ask the driver. The metro station is across the street. Look for the red M. M1 or M2 ends at the airport.

How long did it take you to use the bus/Metro option to get to the airport? I'm figuring the bus probably has lots of stops along the way to the Metro. Are there lots of stops once you are on the Metro before getting to the airport?

How long did it take you to use the bus/Metro option to get to the airport? I'm figuring the bus probably has lots of stops along the way to the Metro. Are there lots of stops once you are on the Metro before getting to the airport?

I'd say about an hour. We did this last year. Took the bus to the metro which stopped at central station, then switched trains to go to the airport.