currency / islands

we are going on a cruise soon to Noumea /mare / isle of pines,can anyone tell me what currency we will need to buy say, food / drinks / trinkets etc on these islands. if we need other than aussie can we get it on the islands

thank you in advance

we are going on a cruise soon to Noumea /mare / isle of pines,can anyone tell me what currency we will need to buy say, food / drinks / trinkets etc on these islands. if we need other than aussie can we get it on the islands

thank you in advance

Hi

Aussie dollars are accepted on these islands. We find its best to take a combination of $1 & &2 coins and $5.00 notes .most items on the island are displayed in Aussie currency and their currency. By taking coins and notes combined its easy to meet the cost of items. Do not take larger notes as they will normally give you the change in their currency....ALL stalls on the islands will take AUD.

Have fun

Col:)

We did South Pacific cruise on Voyager in March. Other than some of the stalls and tour operators at the cruise terminal you will definitely need Pacific Francs for everywhere else in Noumea. There is an ATM at the supermarket opposite the cruise terminal, but we just ordered some through travelex online and brought it with us. The franc can also be used on Isle of Pines but some stallholders did accept Australian Dollar's.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Forums mobile app

You can change Aussie money at the cruise liner terminal in Noumea but you have to have photo ID and its not a good rate. We used our credit card instead at the shops. Everywhere else took Australian money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk