Tipping on P&O

KenAndJulie

Can anyone clarify the tipping policy on P&O for me please. On our previous Princess cruise tips amounted to about $10 per person per day (split between the cabin steward, waiter and assitant waiter). I know there are complex distribution rules going on behind the scenes ......

In the P&O brochure it says that £3.50 per person per day should cover all tips. Is this correct ? Does this cover cabinn steward, wiater, assistant waiter etc.

Thanks

Ken

The big advantage of P&O over Cunard is that there is no daily addition to your account. So you are free to tip as you please, rather than tipping for lousy service automaticaly.

David.

I read somewhere that £3.50 covers all tips, and that amount is split equally between the cabin steward and the restaurant staff - don't know if this means half and half or into three, in which case the busboy would receive as much as the waiter

Hope somebody can clarify

The £3.50 covers cabin staff and waiters. You are left envelopes in your cabin ( or get them from reception at any time) on the last evening. You can give what ever you wish to each of the staff, we gave an equal amount to the three. If you have received excellent service you can tip more ( or if you are very rich!!). You do not tip the wine/drink waiters, ( they are paid on this understanding). There is no service charge on bar bills, also cheaper drink than US ships.

Jo

Archived