Question about Historic Scotland Explorer Pass

I think I might order our passes online before we go on our cruise. The websites where they are sold offer a fare for "60+ concession". Is this something that is only available to Scottish citizens, or is it a rate that is available to anyone over 60? I know there is a card that Scottish seniors can get that gives them heavily discounted train tickets. Is that what this is?

We just came back from a recent cruise in July. Our group purchased the Explorers Pass online before the cruise, and the Consession tickets apply to all 60+, not just Scottish citizens. We got the 3 day pass, and visited Stirling Castle, Urquhart Castle and Edinburgh Castle. The 3 days must be continuous days. The normal entrance fees for these 3 castles combined are more than the cost of the Pass, so it is definitely a cost saver. Another reason to buy in advance is to avoid the long lineup, especially at Edinburgh Castle and Stirling Castle. We just walked up and showed our Pass to get in. Hope this information is useful for your planning.

Thanks. The websites say that the pass may be used on any three days during a period of 5 days from the date you first use it. We would be planning to use it on days 1,3, and 5 from the first use in Glasgow. I hope that is correct, as that is the order of the ports we will be visiting.

We used the 3 day Scotland pass last month for Urquhart, Edinburgh, Craigmillar, and Stirling castles and received a small discount at the William Wallace Monument. We used the pass on Friday, Sunday, Monday all within 5 days. You just show the printout like a ticket! Gosh we were the first ones inside Edinburgh castle... couldn’t believe all those waiting at the gates didn’t have tickets. As far as 60+, my inlaws had no problems getting the concession discounts anywhere in U.K.