Tokyo/Yokohama Sept 30 to Oct 13

bocaraton

I believe this is an extra cruise that Celebrity just scheduled.I am probably going to book tomorrow or the next day. It covers all the ports we want with enough time for us to take inland tours. I have not seen it posted before. If there is anyone who is ahead of us and has some ideas on the itineraries and ship or private guide tours, please let us know.

Thanks. themayblums at yahoo dot com

Ignore our cruise signature we have been around the world, but my signature is wrong and I am plain out too lazy to fix it. Maybe I will do so as I move forward with this cruise.

Evelyn and Marty from Florida

I believe this is an extra cruise that Celebrity just scheduled.I am probably going to book tomorrow or the next day. It covers all the ports we want with enough time for us to take inland tours. I have not seen it posted before. If there is anyone who is ahead of us and has some ideas on the itineraries and ship or private guide tours, please let us know.

Thanks. themayblums at yahoo dot com

Ignore our cruise signature we have been around the world, but my signature is wrong and I am plain out too lazy to fix it. Maybe I will do so as I move forward with this cruise.

Evelyn and Marty from Florida

I have no idea about Celebrity and Japan. We were looking at Princess and Japan but decided not to. We spoke to some that had gone on the cruise and they said its very segregated. These cruises are popular with the Japanese, and unfortunately many Americans and Europeans don't speak Japanese, and many Japanese don't speak English, so it turns out to be two half cruises instead of one full cruise.

The second reason was, while cruising works on visiting smaller cities, we weren't really sure we could see all of Tokyo or Kyoto in a 9AM to 4PM port stop. Too much to see and it might be our only time there.

Instead we decided to take a tour with Overseas Adventure Travel. We have our own English guide, and overall the cost was the same as a cruise. They cover maybe 70% of our meals, hotel, all transportation, airfare, transfers, etc.

For us it works better. While we probably have done over 20 cruises, Japan to us seems like a place you need to jump into deeper.

Recommend you plan on a few days before or after the cruise to enjoy Tokyo. If you are a foodie, consider a cooking class at Tokyo Kitchen - my wife and I enjoyed it along with another couple - max of 6 in the class.

Also look into a trip to Kyoto - the shrines, temples and gardens there are outstanding. We did an overnight in Kyoto while the ship was overnight in Kobe - took the train from Kobe and hired a guide from tours-by-locals for a day and a half (shared the full day with another couple from our roll call.) Or you could take the bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto.

Nagasaki is easy to do on your own - just take the public trolley from the pier up to the A-bomb site and museum. Note: there is a free transfer for a change of trolleys about two stops after leaving the pier in order to get the trolley that goes up to the A-bomb area.

Our cruise was from Yokohama to Hong Kong and had passengers from over 30 different countries - not sure why your circle Japan cruise would be much different. Either way, I would not be concerned about the passenger mix since it is fairly port intensive.

Have a wonderful time!